😞 Zed went bang! 😭

ro88ie

A HR engine is anything but a straight forward fit in a DE engined car - it can be done but you would be spending mega money on top of the engine purchase......

Colin's right its not a straight forward swap over, wonder if your breakers know this, if they don't I would be careful.. :scare:

If you'd have bought it privately - you'd have been absolutely stuffed. When you buy a car from a dealer it has to be of merchantable quality and fit for purpose - they are obliged to honour these precepts for a reasonable period regardless of any written warranty they provide. If it's only four months since you bought it - I think you will find that the dealer could be obliged by a little call from trading standards to put everything right for you. If not take them to the small claims court.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Finally after over 3 months my zed is back running. After pursuing my finance company and Evans Halshaw with no luck I bought a low mileage Revup motor from Clarke Motorsport along with a clutch and lightweight flywheel. Really excited to get taxed on Tuesday and hit the road again.

• Like 4

I'm really sorry to hear this mate, my uncle bought a 182 which had been serviced, MOT and driven 60 miles the day that we bought it... paid the cash, drove 5 files and the car chewed all pistons. Cost over £1000 for an engine swap on a crappy clio lol. Seeing these threads make me not want to buy a 350 :(