Drove through the liverpool tunel.. for no reason

Spatt

thought i would own up to paying for fuel from Manchester to Liverpool and the toll on the tunnel..... twice.... for now reason other than to hear my car in a tunnel...

good drive out though

just me on this tunnel blasting?

putting a camera on the car next time hehe :drive1

I've got the Hindhead tunnel near me, longest land tunnel in the UK :thumbs: 70mph speed limit in there and it's free! :D

Can't beat a good run through a tunnel

Just dropped the peg on google maps WOW! .... its an awesome shape... bet it sounds great!

I use the underpass at Hyde Park or the Rotherhithe Tunnel.

If there is no traffic about I hammer it through the Dartford Tunnel, Love tunnels. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Problem with the Dartford tunnel is that its got tiled walls, so the sound is deafening :lol:

• Like 1

I've got the Hindhead tunnel near me, longest land tunnel in the UK :thumbs: 70mph speed limit in there and it's free! :D

Just dropped the peg on google maps WOW! .... its an awesome shape... bet it sounds great!

i did a lot of the drawings for the construction of the hindhead tunnel.... currently working on a 7.5 mile long 7m dia. tunnel! wont be able to drive through it though :-( mind you when its in use you wouldnt want to either!!!!! lol (super sewer!!)

• Like 2

i did a lot of the drawings for the construction of the hindhead tunnel.... currently working on a 7.5 mile long 7m dia. tunnel! wont be able to drive through it though :-( mind you when its in use you wouldnt want to either!!!!! lol (super sewer!!)

Impressive! Were you part of the team who decided white walls with the black ceiling? I love it, you don't get the normal tunnel feeling, you don't feel compressed at all.

This ^^ as DEADMAN says, awesome tunnel!

Is it just me who sticks there head out the window on hindhead? Smells funny, in a good way!

• Like 1

Is it just me who sticks there head out the window on hindhead? Smells funny, in a good way!

Tunnel run soon?!

• Like 1

Tunnel run soon?!

I'm Game!

Impressive! Were you part of the team who decided white walls with the black ceiling? I love it, you don't get the normal tunnel feeling, you don't feel compressed at all.

no.. you have the architects to thank for that. i am structural so do the drawings for what actually makes it stand up and work rather than make it look pretty.. lol

You guys should try the Gotthard Tunnel in Switzerland, went through that on my honeymoon roadtrip.

Only 17km long

090_zps641f140a.jpg

085_zps89843ec7.jpg

Isn't this the one where there was a very bad fire and a lot of people died..?? :scare: :scare:

Wasn't that a film with Sylvester Stalonne? :lol:

If there is no traffic about I hammer it through the Dartford Tunnel, Love tunnels. :thumbs: :thumbs:

I work at the dartford tunnels and very rarely see a z Aston martins are more common than a 350z lol..

May be we should all meet up for a tunnel run for a blast.

I work at the dartford tunnels and very rarely see a z Aston martins are more common than a 350z lol..

You should let Zeds through for free ;)

Edited by BulletMagnet

You should let Zeds through for free ;)

I kid you not haven't had one come thru my lane yet other wise a double decker is always guaranteed a free ride lol...

Great idea, I hammer through there on my way back from Brands.

Blackwall Tunnel is another of my favorites but you get a fair bit of traffic in the Blackwall at times. :thumbs: