Fitting & bonding rear diffuser help!

Jared350z

Hello fellow zed heads,

I recently got a rear diffuser, the one that sits just over the exhausts.( same as in the picture below) I was gonna attempt to fit it myself as it doesn't seem that hard only problem I have I'm not sure on how to bond/fix it to my bumper.

If anyone can help me out I will be super grateful.

Cheers

post-19570-0-16085600-1386432608_thumb.jpg

run a thick bead of bond along where it touches your bumper and then around 5mm from the edge run a thin bead along the rim of the diffuser.. fit in to place and attach clamps so that it holds it tight against the bumper... once its dried and set run a thin bead right around the lip of the diffuser so theres no little gaps or anything and looks flush... have white spirit handy in case it smudges on to the bumper... have fun =)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Get yourself some of these or similar.

http://cdn.toolstati...?rand=315740910

We bond stainless sheet with Sikaflex, similar to Tiger Bond and they are great for cleaning up excess adhesive and your hands if you get it on them. Also use them to de grease your parts prior to bonding. Wax polish on the bumper will impair the adhesives ability to bond.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1