M3 CSL: poll!

Removed

M3 CSL: mostly used for  

20 members have voted

1. 1. M3 CSL: mostly used for

• track action
    • normal driving

Guys,

when we were visiting the Nurburgring museum, we got into a discussion about what use would an M3 CSL get for most of its life.

Please vote on the above poll.

In your opinion, generally a second-hand M3 CSL will have been mostly used (as in for most of its driving time) for normal driving, OR for track action?

Poll will be open for a week.

I wouldn't class an M3 CSL as an out and out track car. They are damn quick on the track though, saw one at Donigton when I was doing a track day. Never got the chance to be out with it though, but it was impressively quick.

To me a track focussed car is a Radical, Exige etc.

I dont know if they remove the stereo, but they do remove a lot of the soiund deadening, the rear glass window is thinner, the roof carbon fibre, the air conditioning removed (although you can add it back in as an option if you wish), the interior door panels are carbon fibre etc.

Its certainly "aimed" at the track day enthusiast, but the question is not if these are serious track cars or not, but where will they have spent most of their time - track, or road?

I vote track because those that have had them have say they are too hardcore for day to day and I dont think I've ever seen one on the road. I suppose they might just have multiple miserable owners though.......

It's got carpet, back seats for the kids, a boot for the golf clubs, air con...doesn't sound like a track day car to me.

Track day car = roll cage, stripped interior, race seats & full harnesses...etc.

It#s more for the gentleman who likes an occasional bit of fun on the track.

I reckon.

I reckon mostly normal.

I think that some may see the track but rarely. If you're spending that money on a track tool you wouldn't buy a CSL. IMO purely bought for bragging rights that they have the "ultimate" M3.

Lets be honest here.

Would you buy this car as an everyday and track car?

Or, would you buy this car purely for the track?

Or, would you buy this car as just an everyday car?

For me the answer is no to all three. If I want a track car I'd buy a track car. If I wanted the CSL as an everyday car then I'd have to get real tyres fitted but then what's the point of the car without them.

If I was set on buying a BMW I get an M and enjoy the benefits of everyday driving in luxury and comfort with the power and performance the M offers. Screw the track, I wouldn't be taking my waaaaaaay overpriced BMW near it.

As for the poll, I would suspect the vast majority of CSL's wouldn't see a track and would instead spend their time dribbling round city streets on a Sunday holding everybody else up.

Guy

I voted everyday. It's a track focused car but there are two in my mums street, both everyday cars and my mate had one and used it for normal driving. He now has a GT3 and uses it for normal driving too!