Sad news

Harryjax

The helicopter crash onto a crowded pub in

Glasgow.

Hope none of the forum members from that great city were caught up in this.

It's so sad when an accident like this happens.

My thoughts and prayers to all effected in this freak accident.

My buddy stays 2 mins from it. Was in the house with no tv or music on and still never heard anything. His missus is a consultant at the hospital so she has been called to work to deal with casualties. So far 8 people confirmed dead.

My wife told me about this, terrible shame watching the footage of the scene

I was walking there a few days ago right by the door of the venue. It's literally yards from the river Clyde couldve been a different scenario if it fell in there

Neil you mentioned it wasn't loud- listening to an eye witness account on BBC website he said the engine was spluttering and rotars weren't turning that's why it was quiet. Couldve been worse if they were turning

My wife told me about this, terrible shame watching the footage of the scene

I was walking there a few days ago right by the door of the venue. It's literally yards from the river Clyde couldve been a different scenario if it fell in there

Neil you mentioned it wasn't loud- listening to an eye witness account on BBC website he said the engine was spluttering and rotars weren't turning that's why it was quiet. Couldve been worse if they were turning

if the rotors had been turning, the pilot probably could've auto-rotated the heli - that is brought it down under control without power. The engine/gearbox may have seized, locking the blades, rendering them useless.

This particular Helicopter has been known to have tail rotor problems, which could have been the cause

but who knows, I'm just glad that the pilot had time to switch off the fuel supply thus avoiding an explosion

and a fire, that doesn't bare thinking about in such a confined space.

My mate was in that boozer an hour before it happened.

Yet again another Eurocopter going down.....wonder what the excuse is now?

Lucky he got out then. :scare: From what I read the pub was packed as there was a "ska" band playing and it was difficult to move in there from the number of people enjoying the gig. Couldn't have happened at a worse time.

Lot's of local hero's apparently helping the injured out as well before emergency services arrived, so good on those people for risking there lives to save others.