Pic request: Gloss carbon roof on black 350Z coupe

SamN

Yeah I have stone chip which has rusted a bit so will tidy that up and then wrap it I think.

For best results I think I may remove the bootlid. It's a bit of a faf but will mean a better edge for the sake of an extra hour or so.

Yeah I have stone chip which has rusted a bit so will tidy that up and then wrap it I think.

For best results I think I may remove the bootlid. It's a bit of a faf but will mean a better edge for the sake of an extra hour or so.

Attention to detail is good :thumbs:

• Like 1

Don't need to remove the boot lid when wrapping the roof. With the boot open, you can bring the wrap over the edge (by where it meets the rear window) sufficiently.

Make sure you lift/remove the A pillars though, rather than just taking the wrap to the edge that is visible. Continue under the A pillar panels then replace the panels over the top of the wrap. Gives a much better finish and edge :thumbs:

But as said before, carbon on a black car will be subtly cool B)

• Like 1

This is the reason I may do it also, but I'm looking into actual carbon fibre first.

Yeah I'll definitely be removing the A pillars but had a look yesterday and don't think I'll get as good a finish on the rear edge with the boot lid on as I can't get my fingers in the gap properly to flatten the vinyl down. Wouldn't want to go to all the effort of doing it for the rear to then lift just for the sake of an hour removing the boot lid :)

Edited by SamN
  • Like 1

Wrapped my B pillars tonight, looks good but I'm going to stick to a few smaller bits rather than the roof. It's not exactly what I'd call 'gloss' - it's shiny and looks good, but would need to be high gloss for the roof.

That said I may go over the B pillars with a couple of coats of gloss lacquer to see how they look.. Worst case I can peel the vinyl off and do it again :)