Wiper arm flake - in Bournemouth

HARMLU

Hi all. I have been meaning to get this done for some time now but my front wiper arms are flaking and I am looking for recommendations for what to do. See pic (if I can work out how to upload it)

I do most things myself but like to stay away from a paint gun! So really just looking for a body shop to do it.

Thanks all!

post-16278-0-65571800-1385123087_thumb.jpg

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/74417-windscreen-wiper-arms-respray/

I got hold of some off a breaker to refurb while living mine on the zed. Sanded back and dropped them by paint shop, they advise to go to local powder coaster and get that done instead. Not got round to it yet.

Plenty of folk DIY them.

• 1 year later...

Hi

This is a standard problem as the wiper arms are an alloy mix metal not to be confused with aluminium)

just a mix of poor alloys

You cannot powder coat without removing the hinge pin, these cannot be bought !!!

So best option is good wire brush and then sanding with wheels in a drill or similar. then a good quality acid etch primer followed by a satin black top coat ( hamerite or similar)

Any decent car paint mixing shop should be able to provide the acid etch primer and satin black aerosol type cans for about £15 t £20 a can

The etch primer is excellent s a general primer on all bare metals so is worth getting a tin and keeping it! and the satin black is just useful for all kinds of brackets etc