Panel Filters ?

M350ZB

Your never really going to get much performance gain with a panel filter or induction kit, but the induction kit will give off abit of a roar from the engine :teeth:

Worth it in my opinion.

Just to add, Lomoto has the Pipercross kit which from what i remember he said was good too. The benefit from the K&N is that it comes with the Carbon lid.

I prefer to get induction kit than panel filter...

But better to get one that doesnt look that obvious.. the two i had in mind are: K&N typhoon and Stillen intake

These 2 are housed in a box (so keep warm air out) and look more stock.

If u just stick an open ended popcharger cone in your engine bay it'll just drag in hot air thats no good at all

Well im going to get a remap for my Z (cost about £900), so ordering an induction kit (stillen £150) and 'true dual' exhaust system (ie borla or stillen) is definately worth it for me so i get the maximum HP gains.

Apparently u wont get any gains from these extras unless u do an engine remap..z's have self correcting ECU ...so if u just buy an induction kit and Nismo exhaust all you wil get is a great sound... If youre gona keep the car long term go for it! :thumbs:

Nismo from US - about £700 (plus any import duties and VAT about 25% on top of that max) and go for the Stillen induction kit is abut £150 from UK.

New ECU with mapping cost IMO not worth gains acheived on a 350z after only stage 1 mods. I would only bother with new ECU after e.g turbo/supercharging/or substantial engine mods.

Thats just my two p's worth :D

Yeah il twin turbo her later.. when i got spare £6k

For now, dont mind getting bit more from an ECU change, should get between 20-30hp max with all changes and better perfromance throughout the RPM range :) Not 100% sure, so tell me if im wrong about that gains figure ok

Just bit worried im gona lose even more fuel economy.. 20mpg is bad enough!

After putting my standard exhaust back on the car, the Zed runs alot smoother so if i were doing it, i'd recommend an ecu upgrade. £ per bhp its not very effective but if you don't intend on forced induction at least your car will be running smooth or like it was how nissan intended if you get my meaning.

From what ive read, the Borla is meant to be good for bhp gains but your not going to get that much anyway staying N/A, and whatever you make up for over another s/s exhaust (nismo etcc..) you'll lose in weight as the Borla is heavier.

You may get 20-30bhp but i don't think you'll acheive that. I really hope i'm wrong mind.

Good Luck with it. :thumbs: Let us know how you get on.

Thinking first Nismo exhaust, then induction kit pos K&N, talking to a mate, the nismo was never released over here in the u.k, is it still ok for m.o.t and that, jsut he was sayign about the noise level, how noisy is it,any sound clips, e.t.c, or alternative exhausts may be, what would you say the better is ?