Rusty inards

Randy_Baton

I've been working on the front end of my car and just wondered if this level of rusting was normal on a 2004 plate?

First notice an issue when trying to install new side lights as one of the bolts on the underside of the bumper sheared off under not much pressure then this bit fell out of my car.

5EAgfwA.jpg

I was then trying to replace my reflectors and another bolt sheared off and noticed how rusty this part was. Its the same on both sides of the car. The area is above the front tyres where the bumper meets the body work. the photos is taken pointing upwards

wuRBDQa.jpg

The trouble is I rarely have clue what your guys are talking about :). Would any of that be picked up by an MOT? it was last serviced in August this year. It did have an advisory for slight corrosion to front brake pipe, slight play in roll bar and slightly pitted front brakes.

Nothing else in the front looks any where near as bad as that, its just the bolts that have gone a bit rusty. There is a rust bubble on the bonnet though.

Happily, the bonnet is aluminium, so will not rust. On the subject of rusty wings - I found quite a few zeds with rust bubbling thru form the inside, so the first thing i did when i bought one was to clean (and underseal) out the lip around the wheel arches esp the rear oneis cos it really collects a lot of mud and moisture - ideal for corrosion to start