Test pipes

Steely

Hi all,

I am looking for a set of test pipes so I can decat my 03 zed, I still have the standard Y section installed to a cobra resonated system.

I am looking for second hand set as I don't want to pay full rice for new then decide they are too loud. Does anyone know if the O2 sensor is alarmed can you reset with the torque OBD2 software on Android?

Cheers,

David

• Like 1

Even with extenders....it still might throw up fault. Some do, some dont' . Mine does :yuck: Can easily be reset /checked with OBD thingy.

I'll probably change back to cats at next MOT.

Oh and they are loud...but how loud depends on rest of exhaust. mines mated to Milltek so probably on the "quieter" side.

How does the spacer work, it looks like the spacer would take the sensor probe further away from the exhaust flow?

Its not sounding like the best idea to decat by the sounds of it.

Thanks for your help.

How does the spacer work, it looks like the spacer would take the sensor probe further away from the exhaust flow?

Its not sounding like the best idea to decat by the sounds of it.

Thanks for your help.

Correct :thumbs:

If you decat you will need to swap them for the originals every time you have an MOT ... Unless you know a very friendly tester.

Most people go for HI-flow cats which will pass MOT's and give a nice note to your exhaust tune . Although you may also need the spacers on hi-flows unless you get a remap.

PM one of the traders for details.

The secondary O2 sensors on the cats are only to tell the engine whether the cats are working or not as far as I'm aware. One or both of mine are knackered and the car runs fine! I fitted decats and haven't sorted the O2 sensor and it still runs fine :)

The secondary O2 sensors on the cats are only to tell the engine whether the cats are working or not as far as I'm aware. One or both of mine are knackered and the car runs fine! I fitted decats and haven't sorted the O2 sensor and it still runs fine :)

I didn't realize the zeds had two sets of 02 sensors, I just assumed it used this to adjust engine timing for emissions, if you remap does the engineer just disable the secondary 02 sensors then?

I didn't realize the zeds had two sets of 02 sensors, I just assumed it used this to adjust engine timing for emissions, if you remap does the engineer just disable the secondary 02 sensors then?

Yep . Secondary ones are purely to check cat efficiency.