Had 350z 3 weeks and so far, 2 non faults incidents & now a flashing light!

Roobies8

Hi All

I've had my beautiful 350z for not quite 3 weeks and I think I must be having a bad week, or someone has it in for me!

On Tuesday there had been an accident near my work. Avoided as much glass as possible but possibly have a slow puncture now as rear tyre went down to 9psi!! Keep checking last few days and so far, so good.

Yesterday's incident was more scary. I was on the dual carriageway, in the outside lane. On the inside is a Range Rover with a trailer on the back, suddenly some dinner plate size of black rubber bounces on Tarmac, bounces off my bonnet and onto windscreen! I actually think I shut my eyes for a second as the noise was horrific and it was right in front on my face. Thankfully it didn't break windscreen, but I have a dent on bonnet and some scratches. I'm surprised it didn't smash my face in to be honest, so trying to think of it as a lucky escape....but of course I'm more concerned about the car bonnet. I washed the car last night (yes in the dark with a spotlight!!) and I think it'll get away with having the dent done and scratches may tcut out if I'm lucky.

This morning, turn engine on and passenger airbag light is ruddy flashing! So found potential fix on here and will try that at the weekend.

......I think that's my 3 lots of bad luck ticked for a while (I hope!).

Here's to a better week next week please!

Sorry about your issues BUT please don't use "TCut" to try and remove scratches! Try something like Meguirs scratch remover or visit someone who has a polishing machine and see if they can be "detailed" out. TCut is Satan's face cream!

David

Sorry about your issues BUT please don't use "TCut" to try and remove scratches! Try something like Meguirs scratch remover or visit someone who has a polishing machine and see if they can be "detailed" out. TCut is Satan's face cream!

David

Thanks for the advice. I'll hunt down your suggestions and pinky promise not to use Tcut

http://www.usgarage.co.uk/s-h-o-p/4576349056/CLEAN-AND-REPAIR/5787616 this Shining Monkey Clean and Repair is amazing, it has taken so many scratches out of my paintwork and even rescued my headlights. Highly recommend it :)

And also, you don't need much at all. It goes a really long way. :thumbs:

Edited by Dedman
  • Like 1

http://www.usgarage.co.uk/s-h-o-p/4576349056/CLEAN-AND-REPAIR/5787616 this Shining Monkey Clean and Repair is amazing, it has taken so many scratches out of my paintwork and even rescued my headlights. Highly recommend it :)

And also, you don't need much at all. It goes a really long way. :thumbs:

Just placed my order (ordered the wash as well as nearly out of AutoGylm one).

Thanks guys.

Ali

• Like 1

the air bag light is nothing to worry about, maybe see if you have a member close by with a code reader to make sure it isn't something more serious but 9 times out of 10 is the connections under the passenger seat :thumbs:

Okay, thanks. Should I try the reset suggested on here first?

Then I'll check under seat (that's what I call a 'blue job', so I'll get the man in my life to do that bit!!). The that gives him bonus points to allow him to drive (cunning plan!).

Thanks

Ali

the air bag light is nothing to worry about, maybe see if you have a member close by with a code reader to make sure it isn't something more serious but 9 times out of 10 is the connections under the passenger seat :thumbs:

frequently I get a bottle of water or similar that I have thrown into the passener footwell has ended up under the passenger seat under acceleration and I forget about it. A few days later and I'll get the flashing light. Retrieve any stuff from under the seat and wiggle all of the connections and then do the air bag reset

Turn iginition on wait for air bag light to turn on, turn key off

Start car and it should come on for 6 seconds and then should stay off.

Then cross your fingers

• Like 1

frequently I get a bottle of water or similar that I have thrown into the passener footwell has ended up under the passenger seat under acceleration and I forget about it.

Also check it's not the floor mat, mine's been moved backwards with people getting in/out before which was enough to disturb the connection under the seat and trigger the warning light.

Edited by ilogikal1

Start car and it should come on for 6 seconds and then should stay off.

Hi

Just to say thanks guys, the flasher has gone í ½í¸! Happy Days

Ali