Purchasing a zed...opinions and fixes?

88sam88

Hello to all! :)

I'm new to this forum and I'm planning to buy a zed this week. But wanted to ask for some opinions from zed owners:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201310219386698/sort/atcustom/postcode/se152hu/radius/20/make/NISSAN/model/350%20Z/price-from/500/page/1

Anyone think this is good value ?

There are some issues with it as I went to view it yesterday.

- The passenger side window does not work :/

- previous mot advisories were about both rear anti link bars.

Are these expensive fixes? Anything else to look out for from your experience?

Thanks to all that reply ! :)

Pretty sure you can pick up anti link bars for sub £100.

No idea about the window, I shouldn't imagine that being too much of a problem either tho.

Just ask for money off the asking price so you can get em sorted, looks pretty clean, tho the pictures are poor quality.

I would probably push for them to Tax and sort the advisories (unless they have been sorted and they are just part of the history).

I would also check the service in detail to make sure the type of services were done correctly P3 is the big one which I think should have just been done if its on that milage (not 100% sure on that though). Either way check when last P3 was.

Passenger side window is common issue but cant understand why a car dealer would want to sell a car with that broken!! Get them to fix that!!

How did it drive, any crunches into 5th as that is something to look out for. Clutch ok?

Go and and drive a few so you get used to seeing how they feel, I drove 5 in one day and ended up buying the last one as it felt so much better than the others.

Make sure they are not doing something daft on the window issue like having left the window lock switch on (located drivers side door arm) - but otherwise yes I have heard of some zeds suffering from dodgy passenger side windows.

Its not temper orange btw

Otherwise 'looks' in good nick - but clearly drive more than one car, so you at least know if it drives well. If you look on the site you can see lots of posts of people who have much better behaving gear boxes than others, better engine drive/power etc - if you take the first one you see, you wont know if its a good or a bad one - bodywork is nice to have but its got to be mechanically good too and you wont know unless you check a few out.

+1 on the window lock switch, a few have been caught out by this, even people (me :lol: ) who knew it was there. Otherwise you/they can remove the motor and clean the contacts or buy a new one for about £180.

My first concerns are that the seller has no knowledge of the vehicle because they describe it as Temper Orange with Orange seats. They don't even seem to know that it is a GT trim...

To a degree, could be a good thing, if they knew what they were talking about (and assuming its a mechanically sound car) then they could be underselling it

• Like 1