Converting VHS to DVD

14N

Hi All,

I need to put some VHS video tapes onto DVD. Can anyone recommend a way of doing this?

Is there a particular company or do you k ow anyone that can do this?

Cheers, Ian :)

Hi All,

I need to put some VHS video tapes onto DVD. Can anyone recommend a way of doing this?

Is there a particular company or do you k ow anyone that can do this?

Cheers, Ian :)

Sorry what is this you speak of, V..H..S?

:lol: Just messing, You can buy VHS/DVD combo players which can do recording/transferring etc.

I really need to do this too Ian before my VHS tapes stop working. I've got some old track day footage from when I was younger that I really want to keep and put on DVD. When I last looked at the VHS/DVD combo players that grundy225 mentioned they where around £250+ which I think is pretty expensive considering not many people nowadays even use VHS anymore. I was waiting for them to come down in price tbh but I know I can't wait forever as tapes degrade. Would love to find a company that could do it for me cheaply rather than buy a £250+ machine that I may only use once. Let us know please if you do find anywhere that does it. :thumbs:

It's not that expensive to send them off.

http://www.thevhsconverter.co.uk/

I'm not sure if you get a modern VHS player with a USB connection...I bought a USB turntable with the intention of converting my vinyl records to CD but in the end just used it to play my old LP's

Here you go, no longer manufactured but possibly second hand ones on EBay

http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/vcr-2-pc

Pete

Edited by JetSet

I just use a DVD recorder plugged into an old VHS player that's still knocking around. Press play on the VHS and record on the DVD recorder. Also worked for recording off the freeview plus box.

Both can be picked up cheaply if you don't have either.

Update for anyone interested in this; I used this company that Pete (JetSet) suggested (http://www.thevhsconverter.co.uk/) and have just received my DVD from them today. Service was very good tbh, priced reasonably and very quick turn around time. Not sure I'd want to use this way if I had lot's of tapes to convert but as I only had one I was very pleased with the price. ;)

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

Many thanks for the feedback GMballistic. Think I've got about 3 tapes that need doing. What is the quality of picture and sound like?

Sound is spot on but the quality isn't great. Must emphasize though that is nothing to do with the company who did the conversion. The video I sent them was of four track day's that I had done from 2001,2003 (x2) and one from 2007. I had put these on to an old VHS cassette that already been used to record countless films from TV back in the 1990's so the video it's self was already poor quality. The last time I watched the video (probably 2008) on a VHS player I could not get it to track right so was unable to watch any of the video at all. Tbh I'm amazed that they managed to put it on a DVD at all. I'd definitely recommend them 14N. If your videos are in good condition already then I'm sure that they'll be just as good, if not better on DVD. ;)
  • Like 1