Roof won't go all the way down, winter issue?

Mark-UK

Hi all just had a prospective buyer and the bloody roof wont go all the way down. Gets to last bit and stops, its done it before only in the winter, summer its fine, any ideas thanks? The potential buyers left and had not seen it work right, sods law.I hardly have the roof down and this summer think the roof was down just twice as I never really bothered about it. Any ideas thanks.

Theres something about the 350z convertible roof in the handbook, it says not to operate below 5c, its probably no where near that today but i suppose with age it pushes that figure up a bit ??? Try closing it run it for 10 mins with the heater on full belt and see if that does it.

You can't drop the roof down if it is cold. Next time, make sure it is a sunny day and it needs the sun to warm it for a while in these sort of weather.

I found mine won't work every time even if it is 10C

Edited by st519

Agree with all the previous comments. The Zed's hood is quite a thick canvas which loses its flexibility when the temperatures start to drop.

Leave the heater on to warm the hood up. You may need a couple of attempts to retract the hood, but it does stow eventually

Pfft, it just needs a little lube is all. A roof that's a rarely used is a roof that will have sticky mechanisms, so get in there and spray some WD40 or whatever on all the slidey bits.

I used to drop mine in all sorts of temps, and it never ever gave me an issue. The more you use these things, the better.

+1 on mine - especially if you haven't used it in a while.

Sometimes it takes mine a couple or 3 goes - you can hear and feel when it's getting stiff so I stop - put it back up a bit, then down, then up, then down and then she'll fold and tuck away.

I don't keep the power on when it's obviously not going to fold away, as I don't want to blow a motor or anything, so take it gently in stages and it'll go in the end