5th and 6th gear issues

N3me-350z

Hi I'm a newbie had my car for about a month now and loving it.. Only problem is when I shift fast into 5th or 6th it seems like the clutch doesn't realse properly, every other gear is fine but it seems to hit the gear teeth on these two gears, I looked through my history and the clutch and flywheel were replaced last year, could they have screwed up when fitting it back together??

Anyone had/have this issue?

Have exactly the same as this even the clutch being replaced the year before i bought it, not come to a conclusion yet but ive done 15k in it and it hasn't got worse, Curiously does yours have a whine in neutral that stops when the clutch is depressed?

Edited by StevoD

It doesn't say what make of oil was used.. It's really weird mine does it at any speed, if I shift it into gear slowly like an old man it doesn't touch but fast shifting it hits and makes a horrible crunching noise, think I might have to take it to a garage to have a look, anyone know of good ones around Hertfordshire?

Lol nothing wrong with the place.. Thought I was going to have to drive up there to get it done 😳

Get the oil/Molyslip from Ewen then find a nice friendly local garage to pu the car up on the ramps and do the oil change for you. My independent tyre place did mine and charged me £15.00 :)

Lol nothing wrong with the place.. Thought I was going to have to drive up there to get it done ��

Get the oil/Molyslip from Ewen then find a nice friendly local garage to pu the car up on the ramps and do the oil change for you. My independent tyre place did mine and charged me £15.00 :)

Graham, whos your local indy?

Got the oil and molyslip :) That's good, I think I need to find a nice local garage, most of them around me just fleece you and do a crap job!!

Let me know how it goes bud, I'll probably do the same to mine.

Also as its a known common issue..is this going to cause long term damage etc?

Got the oil and molyslip :) That's good, I think I need to find a nice local garage, most of them around me just fleece you and do a crap job!!

The 350Z gearbox is not the strongest in the world so problems can occur but running the correct oil will help a lot especially if you drive the car hard or on track.

In our rally cars we tend to change all the fluids including gearbox and diff oils every event due to the massive temperatures that are reached, the thing is a lot of track day cars will reach similar temps so the normal service intervals then become obsolete.

Its not just track driving either, the way some of our local back road hero's drive they put their cars through an equivalent WRC stage! :)

Edited by Clark Motorsport/Zmanalex
  • Like 1

Will do buddy, hopefully it solves it.. Fingers crossed

It doesn't say what make of oil was used.. It's really weird mine does it at any speed, if I shift it into gear slowly like an old man it doesn't touch but fast shifting it hits and makes a horrible crunching noise, think I might have to take it to a garage to have a look, anyone know of good ones around Hertfordshire?

Resent this! As an old man I do not consider my gear changing slow !!!

:p

Resent this! As an old man I do not consider my gear changing slow !!!

:p

Hehe I'm talking about non 350z owners that are old.... Dig ... dig ...dig ... have I got out my own hole yet lol ;)