Non GT Seats?

ColinS

Hi, first post.

I'm thinking about ordering anew Z tomorrow but need to decide on the GT pack. I'm not interested in the cruise control or the bose sounds but the seats interest me.

What are the standard seats like, the demo one has the GT pack and I can't get any decent picks of the std ones. Hope someone on here can help.

Thanks

Hi Colin,

As somebody who has owned a GT pack Zed in 2004 and now a non GT Zed (see "Ayesha is mine") I feel I can comment on this matter. I loved the leather seats on my GT pack Zed but many other people noted that the leather was quite hard although it never bothered me. I was going to get a leather retrim on my current Zed but I was very surprised at how good the cloth seats are. They are alot better than I thought they were going to be.

If all you want is leather seats then save your money for a retrim. The BOSE stereo system is absolutley rubbish, or mine was anyway. The cruise is useful but not a "must have".

How much is the GT pack nowadays compared to a few hundred for a retrim?

It's just the seats interested in, who needs a good stereo when you've got that big V up front :D and as you said cruise it not something i'll really miss.

What are the std seats like? Are they cloth all over? Do the feel kind of alcantaray? Are they slight buckets?

I have checked a japan spec cloth manual adjust seat and my leather electrics GT

because of all the electric gubbins beneath my leather seats you sit higher in the cabin compared to the manual trimmed seats

With the manual cloth trimmed seats you sit lower and more cocooned in the cabin rather than ON the cabin...

:thumbs: also allegedly cloth will grip you better than leather round corners...

I think apart from the expensive looks and better resale value, cloth are better for actual use. :thumbs:

It's just the seats interested in, who needs a good stereo when you've got that big V up front :D and as you said cruise it not something i'll really miss.

What are the std seats like? Are they cloth all over? Do the feel kind of alcantaray? Are they slight buckets?

The seats themselves are exactly the same seats, it`s just the covering that`s different. I ordered the standard z and it was the best decision. You can get them covered in leather or alcantara or a mix of the two for 500 quid. The seats on mine have a carbon look, high quality insert with a black edge, not quite as good. Sorry I can`t help on the new 2007 model. :) Sorry forgot to mention you don`t get the heaters.

People also mention the resale value but after a year or two I won`t get 2500 less for mine than the equivalent GT spec, so it`s the best value as well. It is true that the GT is more sought after on the 2nd hand market, but god knows why as it`s the same car except for an unreliable stereo, heaters in the seats, poor quality leather and a cruise control that you may use occasionally. ;)

it is not that difficult to understand that a new buyer will be interested in getting the higher spec models available... is it? specially when it is so easily identifiable from manufacturers spec.

plus you know the cd skips and i do...but new buyers don't .....and the BOSE name, and subwoofer... and the leather and the heated, etc. etc...

all count for something when trying to sell second hand ... :dry:

the most important factor in deciding cost of second hand cars surely is the mileage and year... so for the same year and mileage you want to try and get the most spec for your money

I think the most under rated part of the GT pack is the electric heated seats. Little mod cons like this and cruise control, although not essential, really add the the experience of owning a 30k car :)

Agreed! :D

I have checked a japan spec cloth manual adjust seat and my leather electrics GT

because of all the electric gubbins beneath my leather seats you sit higher in the cabin compared to the manual trimmed seats

With the manual cloth trimmed seats you sit lower and more cocooned in the cabin rather than ON the cabin...

:thumbs: also allegedly cloth will grip you better than leather round corners...

I think apart from the expensive looks and better resale value, cloth are better for actual use. :thumbs:

Good point about the seat height , on Sunday at Silverstone Jacko was complaining about his crash helmet hitting the roof , whilst I had no probs despite being slightly taller than him :) never thought about his car having the electric seats

IMO if all you are worried about is the seats then go for the non-GT, save your money and spend it on an aftermarket leather & alcantara retrim. Get Alcantara centres which then feel more luxurious than leather IMO and does not get as hot or cold.

A pro trimmer could also put in some seat heaters too if you wanted them

I'm very happy with my GT. No probs with the leather, Electric seats work fine and so does the heated part. Perfectly happy with the bose stereo and it has good output IMO.

The other thing to consider is it will be easier to sell on a GT model than a non GT model.