De-cat nightmares

marklesal

Right so I put up a post on here asking had anyone any de cats for my z, a forum member pm'd me saying he had a pair of Horsham de cats, (more like horse-sh1t ) anyways he says they were nearly new, (2nd lie) when the arrived they were def not nearly new, one of the threads on the lmda sockets was absolutely mangled and to top it off they are not even Horsham pipes at all they are jap speed ones (the ones that snap )

I had to spend money getting and engineering company to grind of the old port and weld on a new one, also when I tried to fit them they don't fit comfortably at all, I had to bend and squeeze just to get them on.....

My main concern now is they are gonna snap...

I had paid the guy by bank transfer had it been paypal I would have been ok.

Il not name the prick on here but if anyone wants to know who is selling gear dishonestly pm me.

Right so I put up a post on here asking had anyone any de cats for my z, a forum member pm'd me saying he had a pair of Horsham de cats, (more like horse-sh1t ) anyways he says they were nearly new, (2nd lie) when the arrived they were def not nearly new, one of the threads on the lmda sockets was absolutely mangled and to top it off they are not even Horsham pipes at all they are jap speed ones (the ones that snap )

I had to spend money getting and engineering company to grind of the old port and weld on a new one, also when I tried to fit them they don't fit comfortably at all, I had to bend and squeeze just to get them on.....

My main concern now is they are gonna snap...

I had paid the guy by bank transfer had it been paypal I would have been ok.

Il not name the prick on here but if anyone wants to know who is selling gear dishonestly pm me.

Have you spoken to them? Did he know as most people get the garage to fit parts so wont even know what they are looking at.

How do you know they aren't horsham and they are japspeed.

Also I've not heard of japspeed ones snapping. The one thing that actually wont fall apart from japspeed.

Yeah I forgot to ad, I emailed him, he emailed straight back and said something about they guy he got them off mentioned something about having to get a new lmda sensor. I emailed and pm 'd him a few times more but he just ignored all of them. I was only looking a few quid back to cover the cost of the engineering company, disappointed he choose to just ignore the emails though.

Ah well, as I said I'm now more concerned about them snapping on me,

I've had japspeed decats fitted for a few years without issue and they were second hand when I got them.

I have heard of some that have cracked around the welds before, but it is a small minority.

What exhaust do you have? Mine fitted to my invidia without any problems.

One of my Japspeed ones snapped, it was the passenger side one and it tore straight in half where it flares out for the silencing, in fairness, when I phoned them about it they did say they'd never had THAT problem before, but that was nearly 3 years ago, so they may have sorted or ignored it....

50/50 on the blame front then, I feel. You should've asked for pics (we insist on it in here for the very reasons you've encountered), but then if he's said that they're Horsham pipes and they're not then that's something you could've sent them back for and had a refund. Clear case of mis-rep, but it's a bit late now you've done stuff to them.

Im guessing the seller bought them as "nearly new" Horsham pipes, didnt get them fitted and just sold them straight on without checking what they were or what the condition was. I sell a lot of things on ebay and im totally paranoid about being 110% clear what condition things are in and what make they are.

• Like 1

Name and shame! And maybe PM them asking to defend themselves in this thread... at the very least alert the mods so they can keep a log of it, they probably won't do much with a 1 off thing, but if 10 people complain about the same member it might warrant action.