Retro cars making a comeback

LRF4N

That much is true, it was a heavy car. Most of that was the new 'safety' tech of the time, much of it was the engine (It's a bloody heavy engine for what it is tbh) and it carries a rather large fuel tank oddly. All signs of a GT car though, as opposed to an out and out sports car like an MX5, S2000, MG B lol

I don't dislike the 300, I just think it got fat, doesn't make it bad, doesn't detract from the quality of the car, doesn't make it any less a zed car, wouldn't put me of having one, but I still think its a fat car. But then I als think the 350 is a lardy car as well, just not as lardy as the 300 :lol:

That was the way of the time. 3000gt, supra etc etc. Rx-7 being the odd one out but they where technological masterpeices at the time still today I suppose. Hicas is only making its way back to cars now. Plus the nsx, bmw's and mercs of the time.

Loved the nsx and the rx7 wasn't as big a fan of the supra or 3000gt etc, good lookers but very 90s

Whaaaat, I think the supra and 3000gt still looks great today, Plus the engines where real workhorses. Even today the 2jz is worth silly money and is usually the centre of any drifters engine swap. Also evo's and scoobys where born in the early 90's. All legendary cars.

Loved the RX7 and 3000GT until I drove one of each and hated them from that point on :( Still look at RX7s and think I want one, but no. NSX I like the look of, but have an aversion to Hondas. Always loved the Supra, especially slightly modified. Had a MkIII Supra and it was one of the best cars I ever drove, always wanted to follow it with a MkIV but now I'm stuck on Zs, lol.

Loved the nsx and the rx7 wasn't as big a fan of the supra or 3000gt etc, good lookers but very 90s

Whaaaat, I think the supra and 3000gt still looks great today, Plus the engines where real workhorses. Even today the 2jz is worth silly money and is usually the centre of any drifters engine swap. Also evo's and scoobys where born in the early 90's. All legendary cars.

^ This

Not many cars came out of the 90s into the 00's and into whatever the frig we're into now still looking relevant (provided you don't look inside!).

I don't know why but I've developed a bit of a hankering for a cheap, fun run around and have become really tempted by the Porsche 924s. I know, I know, its 30 years old and its the bottom end of the range, etc, etc. But I think the 924s can be had for really good prices. With the 2.5 engine from the 944 (slightly detuned) but less weight, for a couple of grand I think it would be a real laugh and fun to scoot around in