Choice of Head unit - Pioneer or Kenwood?

scottyp

Narrowed my new head unit search down to two models:

Pioneer AVH-X2500BT

Kenwood DDX-42BT

Kenwood is £20 cheaper if that impacts on the decision, but wondered if anyone already has these units and has some genuine feedback please?

Ideally will be streaming music from android and Iphone - Aux input or by BT depending on sound quality.. not worried about DAB or the like as I never listen to radio.

Any feedback welcome (as long as its polite! haha!)

Scott

Pioneer.........Kenwood make scheißer kettles and toasters.

But in all seriousness I would only buy Pioneer headunits. Alpine if you put a gun to my head and forced me to get something different, but never Kenwood, Clarion, Sony.

Have you not thought about the new Appradio that Pioneer do?

No experience of Pioneer headunits, but my Kenwood is not great (DNX 9260BT). Screen colour sometimes goes flaky after having the removable face off, sluggish user menus, and it's been back to manufacturer once to fix another screen freezing/crashing issue.

I'll never buy another Kenwood head unit again personally. Would probably go with Sony myself as I've had/got a lot of their stuff and it's always top quality.

I'd go with Pioneer. I just fitted mine up with the X2500BT. You can change up the lights on the facia to match your interior for that 'OE' look and the sound quality is very good. I have fitted dozens of systems over the years and although Kenwood despite what some might say are a good brand I'd always choose Pioneer over them :)

I have the pioneer, app radio is a waste of button presses with my iPhone 5. You can get a firmware update and a cable plus an apple cable to make it all sing and dance, but I really can't be bothered. I don't need facebook on my headunit when I'm driving.

Works spot on for everything else though, BT is decent, weirdly you can't use USB lead to make calls from the HU, only BT. Works well with the ebay special reverse camera too.