Old man hoops

zxrob

Right

I know this has been discussed a trillion times, yeh, tyres, however

My recently aquired zed is gonna be used for touring/posing pleasure, I wont be drifting, spinning it up everywhere, I'm to old and slow for that, so, can you recomend me some hoops that give a good compromise on grip/wear/price

Cheers

Rob

Budget?

In terms of purely how many miles you will get out of a set per pound, and ignoring the fact that they also happen to be the best road tyre available today, you will not do better than the MPSS. They may cost you 20% more, but they'll give you 50% more miles.

That said, if you really can't afford them then you could do worse than the FK453.

• Like 1

FK 453 would be ideal for your Zed. Got them on mine.

Good tyre and recommended on here... :thumbs:

Falken 453's here, have a lot more grip than the Bridgestone RE050's they replaced :thumbs:

Dude, seriously ........ what was wrong with your RE050's? I found them to be miles better than the FK452 and 453, I wouldnt even put them in the same class. Which is hardly surprising given the price difference :lol:

That's what I thought!

Maybe its because they were on the tread limit and the Falkens aren't. They always seemed very shifty in the wet to me.

Then again, im sure the RE040's on the front don't help this, but they never wear down ... :(

What I find interesting is from the link docwra posted yesterday.

http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyres-ratings-nhtsa/tyre-ratings-bridgestone.htm

Is that the control tyre had a tread wear rating of 100 so a 200 tyre lasts twice a as long

Looking at Bridgestone 040 and 050 coming in at a rating of 140. The continental conti sport contacts that I used to have come in at 280. So they will last twice as long as the Bridgestone tyres. The mpss aren't listed in the link. It would interesting to know what they are rated at but it shows that people aren't making up the concept that the last longer as it would seem difficult to put a tyre on the car that wears faster than the bridgestones do.

The vred ultracs come in well at 280 as well

http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyres-ratings-nhtsa/tyre-ratings-vredestein.htm