DPE Wheels

OV53

So.......after a nice call with Roy from CA this morning he has informed me that the wheels in that photo/video will land in the country for a princely sum of £7300.

Looks as if I need a decent stretch of work in the lead up to the summer.......

Personally i think you could get a lot nicer for a lot less from the usual jdm manufacturers. B)

I know but then my car looks the same as everyone else who has wheels from the usual JDM manufacturers. Why can't there be a set of used ones already over here?

So many awesome jdm wheels i have never seen on a Zed, you certainly dont need to spend £7k+ plus to be individual, a decent colour on some nice wheels will do that, so long as you avoid anything Rota has copied and you will achieve that unique touch in my opinion of course :)

What about being really bold and getting some nice wheels copper plated ;) Not seen anything like that on a Zed, nor anything else over here to be honest ;)

Edited by Jetpilot

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they are! My exhaust system is worth almost the same as the car too.....what's your point?

That.

They're worth more than your car.

You've got an Amuse exhaust system haven't you ?? I thought you bought that second hand, damaged, you didn't pay £5000+ for that did you ??

Look, I'm not ragging on your wheel choice or what you do with your money at all. I just think you're brave and I struggle to comprehend doing that myself.

For what it's worth I think they look very good and you'll certainly be unique, in a good way. I'd struggle to pay that for wheels. Any wheels.

Go for it man, all the best with the purchase :) .

Yes they are! My exhaust system is worth almost the same as the car too.....what's your point?

That.

They're worth more than your car.

You've got an Amuse exhaust system haven't you ?? I thought you bought that second hand, damaged, you didn't pay £5000+ for that did you ??

Look, I'm not ragging on your wheel choice or what you do with your money at all. I just think you're brave and I struggle to comprehend doing that myself.

For what it's worth I think they look very good and you'll certainly be unique, in a good way. I'd struggle to pay that for wheels. Any wheels.

Go for it man, all the best with the purchase :) .

The amuse was never anywhere near 5k :lol: wasnt even half that

Yeah I got the Amuse for alot less than what it costs new but if you're lucky enough to find one new then you're looking at £3400, plus the Motordyne XYZ pipe at £500ish. That's £3900, and standard my car is probably worth £5k, so it's not far off. What things are worth and what things cost are two completely different things.

I got my Nismo V1 kit free with the car and also my Rota GTRs, does that mean they are worth nothing?

I'm considering them if nothing else closer to home tickles my fancy as they are superfresh!

The car is going to have alot of money chucked at it for the summer shows, I can afford it so why not?

£7k wheels, £5k exhaust fine on a £50k car but on a 10 year old 350z :wacko:

Sent from the Jaaaaaag at the golf club

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

I dont think it makes any difference what the car is worth, the modern way these days seem to be to modify and return to standard before selling so some of the investment is returned and if you buy quality it will always be desirable and worth good money.

It wouldnt be my choice as if i had an extra £10k or there abouts in my pocket i would buy something else anyway and i think the same effect can be achieved for less but admire the op if he does go down the dpe route, very dedicated :)

£7k wheels, £5k exhaust fine on a £50k car but on a 10 year old 350z :wacko:

Sent from the Jaaaaaag at the golf club

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

I don't know what the beef is really. I'm toying with the idea because I like the look of them. If there are a set of wheels that weigh the same and look the same that are cheaper then they will be getting bought.

Remarks like "they're worth more than the car" mean nowt to me really, spending money on whatever car I have will continue to happen regardless of the value of it.