Unemployed must work for their dole

The Bounty Bar Kid

Absolutely, you can have an opinion on anything, whether you have experienced it or not. Even if someone has experienced something, it is only their experience of it and could be the complete opposite of what another person has experienced, so what makes theirs so much more 'valid' than someone else's experience, it doesn't mean that theirs is 100% correct of the system as a whole, it's just their opinion.

I was out of work last year, Lik AK350z said I also didn't claim anything as for the time taken to go through the hoops for £60 a week I decided to do something myself. I collected all my old car detailing bits up, printed out some personalised flyers to detail high end cars (I did scouting trips to see nice cars in driveways) in my area and dropped them through doors. I was getting £50 a go to spend 3-4 hours washing/polishing/waxing cars. It is possible to do stuff off your own back rather than relying on someone else to find you a job through a system.

• Like 2

I think the thing that galls me about the whole political/national deficit, the reasons for it and how to change it wrangle, is that 98% of it is bulshite! the reigning political parties use the press and media to manipulate the populaces thinking on these subjects in order to steer it to the direction they want it to go, it serves to mask other more pertinent issues that they want out of the public eye, while keeping the consensus of opinions on there current target the welfare system.

We soon seem to forget all the political scams, both party wide and personal that have been it the media in the past, funny how soon we forget when the attention is on another focus! the fact of the matter is we are all being manipulated and scammed by the government not the dole que.

Absolutely, you can have an opinion on anything, whether you have experienced it or not. Even if someone has experienced something, it is only their experience of it and could be the complete opposite of what another person has experienced, so what makes theirs so much more 'valid' than someone else's experience, it doesn't mean that theirs is 100% correct of the system as a whole, it's just their opinion.

I was out of work last year, Lik AK350z said I also didn't claim anything as for the time taken to go through the hoops for £60 a week I decided to do something myself. I collected all my old car detailing bits up, printed out some personalised flyers to detail high end cars (I did scouting trips to see nice cars in driveways) in my area and dropped them through doors. I was getting £50 a go to spend 3-4 hours washing/polishing/waxing cars. It is possible to do stuff off your own back rather than relying on someone else to find you a job through a system.

Nice idea Coldel! I'm always getting the "you can do mine next" when I spend hours making the Z look shiny. I did reply to one guy that I'd do his for £200 but maybe that was a bit optimistic ;)

Nice one - I thought about doing the same :) I still have most of Saffy's detailing kit but I am a physically lazy person :lol: The thing is when folk like you, Andy and myself go it alone the system remains unchallenged and stays 'one size fits all'. Having worked alongside jobcentre plus in my last job in the Youth Employability field I was determined to make the feckers work for their money :lol: The little leftie devil on my shoulder took great pleasure in evidencing EXACTLY 15 job searches a week (obviously I was doing significantly more when one of my applications takes me up to two days to write) and pointing out to them that every job I successfully applied for was self identified - I also gained access to the internal vacancies list for the local council by doing voluntary work with one of my old teams

...and whilst unemployed, I volunteered a few hours a week as a teaching assistant in a local school, I just rang them up and asked, I got paid nothing for my time. Thought I might as well if the alternative was doing nothing but watching TV. A few weeks later after helping them out for free that same school offered me a full time paid teacher training role for the coming academic year.

I'm not trying to show off here, but don't really believe in luck, I believe unless you put yourself in a position to get something, you won't get it.

• Like 1