Trading-in a modified car...advice please

sipar69

Would really appreciate you folks giving me some advice.....

I reckon I might want to trade the current Z in for a Nismo in about a year. As a relative newb to car ownership and mods when I had my Stillen CBE put on, I didn't realise how important it was to keep the stock system, so that I could return the car to stock condition. I offloaded it. Dumb I know, but you live and learn :)

Does this mean that a Nissan dealer is unlikely to touch the car if I want to part exchange it? In all other respects, I think it's a great car to sell on. It's unlikely to have more than 25K miles on it and I've kept it in really good condition (unmarked alloys etc) + plus it has some nice additions, such as illuminated sills and reversing camera. Just not sure if the exhaust is a likely to be a deal breaker with a main dealer.

I know I can look to sell privately but that seems like quite a lot of hassle. I've also considered looking for a stock system to buy and put on the car before I trade-in but they seem few and far between.

Be really grateful for your thoughts on the best way to approach this when the time comes. :)

Its unlikely to affect a sale - however, you won't get any extra dosh for all those extras if left on it - thats why most people return to stock to enable a few extra quid on the sale of the removed goodies

Its unlikely to affect a sale - however, you won't get any extra dosh for all those extras if left on it - thats why most people return to stock to enable a few extra quid on the sale of the removed goodies

Thanks. So do you reckon a Nissan dealer would still take the car in part ex with the Stillen on?