to wrap or not to wrap - that is the question

davedutch

Hi all,

I know ultimately it's my choice but any thoughts welcome...

I have a2006 silver 350z with more stone chips than i've had hot dinners, knowing silver is hard to match and having been seriously impressed by the posts on wrapping i'm torn between paint and wrap.

How well does wrap stand up to stone chips etc?

Do i still need to have stone chips addressed to stop dips showing through

Should i just leave alone and have bonnet and bumper resprayed

Neither option will be d.i.y. so any recommendations for firms to do the work in the Derby area would also be appreciated.

Get it sprayed and covered with a clear wrap for protection. What colour you hoping to wrap it in because it wont match up to your current paint work? Spray will look better once lacquered and just sling a clear wrap coat over it. Its pricey but definitely the best solution.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I was thinking of changing colour to brownish orange, the nissan burnt orange is a bit to orange for my taste but I saw a nice Aston Martin Vanquish the other day that looked quite stunning.

Coldel, Interesting you say it wont match up to existing paint, do you mean not as shiny or not as hard wearing?

Get it sprayed and covered with a clear wrap for protection. What colour you hoping to wrap it in because it wont match up to your current paint work? Spray will look better once lacquered and just sling a clear wrap coat over it. Its pricey but definitely the best solution.

I've had this a couple of months ago and still looks new. Not the cheapest so depends how long you plan on keeping the car.

I'm agreeing with everyone else on here iv got the clear wrap on my bike and it's going to be going on a lip and spats I'm having painted there two places that get very hammered by chips!!

My bike hasn't got any stone chips it works that well :-)

Silver isn't a hard match, I would get it sprayed. Wrap it afterwards if you want to but make sure you use a company that uses the decent stuff.

You'd be surprised. Silver on these cars seems to be very hard to match.

+1 silver is the 2nd hardest to match (quote from RT performance) there are a number of different silvers that are coded in your engine bay

Edited by BillyZed

Thanks for the opinions, been over to "pwpro" in Mansfield today they appear to have a good set up, his advice was they will flatten and primer affected areas then wrap. Quite like bronze grey from hexis they offer ten year guarantee and have quoted £1250 +vat and £250 to paint wheels black. Seen a Canadian 370Z online already done in this colour and am leaning heavily to this.

• 2 months later...