cleaning vinyl

hensh65

Hey,

I just wondered if there was any tricks to washing vinyl wrap?

Its my roof that has been done so it is a fairly big area that doesn't always look perfect.

Also, any suggestions for doing a quick dry clean at a car show? ie what product would be best to use ?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Do not wax or polish a matt wrapped car unless you have the proper materials specifically for matt cars. I had swissvax and it worked a treat as it brought the colour back on my wrap. It wasn't cheap tho.

I saw a demo of this at the weekend and I was highly impressed. All of the products are made from natural ingredients and they work better than some more expensive products using a lot less sprays too! It's specifically designed to protect from UV and streaking etc :)

http://www.usgarage....etailer/5794616

Edited by Dedman

I never found the need to use anything special on my gloss roof wrap. I just wash it with regular shampoo, wax it with whatever wax im using and then use QD as a finish.

As long as the wax is decent (not something like turtlewax) you wouldn't have issues leaving white marks on plastic (or vinyl for the matter)