Windscreen replacement

ScottyZ

I'm having the windsreen replaced next week due to a large crack that appeared after a stone impact. Has anyone had theirs replaced and how did the fitting go. Any horror stories or is it staight forward? Anything I should notify the fitter about before he starts work on it? I'm going through the insurance so Autoglass will be the repairer. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Scotty

Autoglass were good for me ... there's a thread somewhere with stage photos detailing another successful replacement screen IIRC (about 2010)

ETA

I seem to remember there was a case where the glass was fitted off centre and had to be done again

Edited by ATTAK Z

I had a chip filled on my drive a while back and the guy doing it said that to swap the roof out on these is quite a job.

He said that if I ever had to change mine he recomends that I leave the car with them at one of their stations as opposed to having it done on the drive as the controlled conditions and facilites at the station will give more of a better result, or, better chance of a better result I suppsoe.

He went on to say that the roof lining has to come off and the screen release bolts are along the roof or something.

I'll have to have mine swapped out soon I expect as at a track day the other week the chip split :teeth: .

• 4 weeks later...

I did an insurance job earlier in the year after a chip I had treated last year cracked (so had paid 2 lots of excess). Replacement went well, roof lining not back perfect but other than that ok. Just have a good check round when they're done!