350z Wheels?

Zedrush

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RS 20" x 9" front and RS 20" x 10.5" on the back

And you don’t fill every bump they ride fine :D

mate I'm sorry but if you say you can't feel the difference in ride quality between 18" and 20" there's something wrong with your arse :lol:

could be due to the fact that you are too concentrated in keeping the 400hp beast at bay, but honestly the difference is MAJOR.

I emailed Chris with the UTEC manual and date, but not seen anything back yet, will have to give them a ring as I'm off for 2 weeks from tomorrow.

PS all your passengers were distracted by the APS TT blow off valve noise :teeth::p

RS 20" x 9" front and RS 20" x 10.5" on the back

And you don’t fill every bump they ride fine :D

mate I'm sorry but if you say you can't feel the difference in ride quality between 18" and 20" there's something wrong with your arse :lol:

could be due to the fact that you are too concentrated in keeping the 400hp beast at bay, but honestly the difference is MAJOR.

It's not so much the wheels that make the difference, its all about the tires :)

The sidewall of the tire coupled with the tread compound are really what makes or breaks a setup. Tires account for the overall 'feel' your suspension has. Its common to have a "soft" suspension approach teeth rattling when fitting tires with ultra stiff sidewalls, yet springs that are super stiff can be made more than tolerable with the use of tires with a softer wall design

• 3 weeks later...

that's assuming the sidewall on the 19 is truly smaller than the 18...not always the case depending on the size.

Also depends on the tire. Many tires even in 19 inch have a very forgiving sidewall, while others are incredibly stiff and thus affect ride quality

My last set was 18 inch Work wheels with Potenza S03 (40 series). My new setup is 19 inch Works wheels with RE050A in 30 series - and it rides much nicer than before :)

keep missing my point Adam. :bleh: of course tyres are really important wrt ride comfort, but with the same tyre model, and keeping within OE rolling radius spec (in order not to mess up the electronic aids too much), surely you can feel the harsher ride from 18" to 20" ;)

Actually if I may, When had 18's the ride was more uncomfortable than when I had 20's must depend on the setup :blush:

Same here. I find the ride on 19s much better than it was on 18s

But Val says 18's provide the best ride? Surely he is right? Surely everyone else in the world must be incorrect???? :p

Actually if I may, When had 18's the ride was more uncomfortable than when I had 20's must depend on the setup :blush:

Same here. I find the ride on 19s much better than it was on 18s

But Val says 18's provide the best ride? Surely he is right? Surely everyone else in the world must be incorrect???? :p

:lol: