350z Wheels?

Zedrush

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually if I may, When had 18's the ride was more uncomfortable than when I had 20's must depend on the setup :blush:

Same here. I find the ride on 19s much better than it was on 18s

But Val says 18's provide the best ride? Surely he is right? Surely everyone else in the world must be incorrect???? :p

:lol:

keep missing my point Adam. :bleh: of course tyres are really important wrt ride comfort, but with the same tyre model, and keeping within OE rolling radius spec (in order not to mess up the electronic aids too much), surely you can feel the harsher ride from 18" to 20" ;)

we'll agree to disagree here mate. I've experienced so many varieties of wheels and tires on the Z's with varying suspension I can get dizzy recalling them all. With proper forsight, there really is no compromise in ride quality at all

Actually if I may, When had 18's the ride was more uncomfortable than when I had 20's must depend on the setup :blush:

you changed tyres....

the RE040 have one of the stiffest (and best imo) sidewalls, hence making you feel the ride a bit harsher than say on the T1R

But Val says 18's provide the best ride? Surely he is right? Surely everyone else in the world must be incorrect???? :p

usual Sarnie drivel and useless post.

Tyres will play a big part in ride comfort as Adam said, so if you change those together with the wheels you might well end up with tyres with much softer (and much worse, imo) sidewall which give you the impression of a softer ride. Then you turn a bend and the whole car wobbles like there's no tomorrow. Of course if you have no idea how to drive properly and can't feel any difference in tyre sidewall stiffness, it's a whole different issue ;)

so you are finally agreeing with Adam now :wacko:

maybe you can't read?

same TYRE: 18" to 20" WHEEL = harsher ride. fact

if you start changing WHEELS as well as TYRES at the same time, you might end up with tyres that, despite a sidewall being smaller (if you want to keep within oem specs for the electronic aids to work correctly) it could well be softer than the OEM tyres which incidentally are the RE040, one tyre with a very very strong sidewall (and now on 07 Zeds, the RE050 iirc, of which I do not know how the ride feels on std setup)

PS I find tyres with stronger sidewalls much better for driving, too.

Of course if you have no idea how to drive properly

Who is the site stig? Stop being tight and get yourself down to Dunsfold and post a lap time. Until then, you may carry on argueing with the world...................... :lol:

Wasn't the original point of this (way back when :wacko: ) that the advice was don't go to 20" rims because the ride will be worse? In fact, it seems that you can go to 20" rims and have a better ride if you change tyre brand from OEM and the issue now seems to be tyre wall stiffness. As tyre wall stiffness seems to be the only thing going for the OEM tyres and, bar a handful of folk, most people think they are sh1te and have replaced them at the earliest opportunity, the chances of someone speccing them on their 20's (if they are even available) seems slim. So we're then into the murky area of what tyres on a 20" rim will ride or handle better. :wacko:

In conclusion the whole thing is bollox. I thank you. B)

Digsy, wrt to handling, even Liam's Zed realised his 20" handled much worse than his stock 18". 'nuff said ;):teeth:

....but the Antera's were made of lead!

Now if someone wants to buy me some 20" TE37's I'll happily do some comparisons. B)