Avon Z33 vs Toyo Proxes Tsport vs Uniroyal Rainsport deathmatch

Level 7 Boss

Hi gents

I want to change my tyres as there were ditch finders on my Z when purchased. I'm considering the above tyres, would love to hear some feedback on those that have used them and of course I'll be seeking approval from our resident expert Ekonda.

Unfortunately I can't stretch to super sports but want a good midrange tyre, with decent wet/dry grip and decent wear levels.

Alterative suggestions welcome.

A few years ago I bought a set of GT4 wheels off a member on here and they had the Avons, have never looked back since. Never lost traction even though pushing it on a bit, albeit I don't drive to extremes, and very good price compared the premium tyres.

Fortunately when I bought my Roadster the lady had brand new Z33's installed all round, and grip is superb round my daily commute country roads.

How much are you looking to spend at each corner? there is a couple of sites I have found that you can get your hands on MPSS without breaking the bank. Tyre universe and i love tyres being the best I have seen at around 150 per corner.

Just had a look here, thanks for the tip.

Love Tyres = average if not a little expensive at £170 ish each corner

Tyre universe = £644.02 plus free delivery for 4 18'' standard staggered sizes.

I was looking the other day for tyres and think blackcircles prices seemed similar to tyre universe iirc, i threw out the post-it note this morning with my research on sadly.

Ekona will say, stretch for mpss it's only a tank of fuel difference which I do agree with but not always possible.

But it is, if you're running a 350Z. If you can afford the fuel + VED + insurance +servicing, then making sure it's on decent boots is the least of your problems! ;)

But anyway, without going down that route I would say that the Avons are the best choice there by some margin. I wouldn't even consider the other two. I would chuck in the Falken FK453 to the mix though. :)

Also, Ekonda is an awesome name, I may change mine to that! :lol:

How much are you looking to spend at each corner? there is a couple of sites I have found that you can get your hands on MPSS without breaking the bank. Tyre universe and i love tyres being the best I have seen at around 150 per corner.

Just had a look here, thanks for the tip.

Love Tyres = average if not a little expensive at £170 ish each corner

Tyre universe = £644.02 plus free delivery for 4 18'' standard staggered sizes.

I was looking the other day for tyres and think blackcircles prices seemed similar to tyre universe iirc, i threw out the post-it note this morning with my research on sadly.

What sizes where you looking for, I saw half decent prices for I love tyres the other day ? maybe they change daily :shrug: I bought 2 MPSS of tyre universe, very happy with them :thumbs:

[What sizes where you looking for, I saw half decent prices for I love tyres the other day ? maybe they change daily :shrug: I bought 2 MPSS of tyre universe, very happy with them :thumbs:

225/45/r18 x 2 and 245/45/r18 x 2

Must change their prices as I had looked at the same 225s the other day as I got 2 MPSS for the rear and currently running Khumos at the front (Ekona just smashed his head of the keyboard) they where around 150. I am planning to get MPSS for the front though :thumbs:

• Like 1

Ekona will say, stretch for mpss it's only a tank of fuel difference which I do agree with but not always possible.

But it is, if you're running a 350Z. If you can afford the fuel + VED + insurance +servicing, then making sure it's on decent boots is the least of your problems! ;)

But anyway, without going down that route I would say that the Avons are the best choice there by some margin. I wouldn't even consider the other two. I would chuck in the Falken FK453 to the mix though. :)

Also, Ekonda is an awesome name, I may change mine to that! :lol:

Cheers mate, must have been thinking about you and street fighter at the same time lol.

I would go for mpss but I'm saving for a house and need to make some compromises.

Tyre choice is a dodgy science....some people like this, some that.

At the end of the day, providing you buy a decent set, thats all that counts. Stump up big dosh, and you can have the best tyres outthere (on paper). Will 200 quid cheaper tyres be noticable on the road (at sane speeds) - doubt it.

Had top of range Pzeros on an RS4 - they were sh*t. Changed to much cheaper GY F1s - way better tyre and grip increased. Note i changed the Pzeros out early because I actually thought they were so bad.

Brand new Bridgestones on Golf GTI - utter crap. Lasted about 1000 miles before they were switched out for Avon ZZ3s (which again were a cheaper tyre).

Above two examples are only my experience - but don't get hung up on costs.

And shop around.....prices vary hugely thoughout the uk.

PS - someone will be along shortly with a MPSS branded stick to beat me. To be fair, I haven't tried MPSSs, but people do rave about them.

Edited by aidan

I have Toyo T1 Sports at the moment all round. I find them very good in the wet and dry and don't have any problems with them. The rears are wearing low and need replacing soon, however the 'upgrade bug' in me wants to replace them with MPSS all round, but obviously it will be 4 more expensive tyres compared to just 2 as different tyres on each axle is a big no no. I'm doing a track day in November so this is also another reason why I think the MPSS would be better suited.

The cost difference isn't massive between the T1 Sports and MPSS to be honest.

Edited by Jp606

It's the replacing the perfectly fine fronts that's the issue. £250 for two rear Toyos vs £650 for a full set of MPSS, I don't have any problem with the Toyos either.

That's £400 that can go on something else..

Edited by Jp606

It's the replacing the perfectly fine fronts that's the issue. £250 for two rear Toyos vs £650 for a full set of MPSS, I don't have any problem with the Toyos either.

That's £400 that can go on something else..

Just put mpss on the back and when the fronts are worn replace them with mpss. If you believe everything you read without trying it then more power to you, its your money at the end of the day.