Which pads

Level 7 Boss

Ladies and gents.

Would like to lean on you for some advice. Recently purchased Black Diamond discs from cs, would like to supplement these with new pads.

Narrowed the choice down to:

Ebc yellowstuff

Ferodo 2500

Black Diamond pads

I've done a search and all have favourable reviews. No plans to track but may go on an advance driving day in the future. Recommendations?

Black Diamond would be fine if not tracking. Probably not as good as the others, but cheaper. I've had no problems stopping with the BD Disc and Pads combo, including some spirited driving round the Evo Triangle earlier in the year. :thumbs:

I use BD discs and the pads that go with them. Work really well for normal use as well as 'fast road' use. I'll be using them on the track soon so will see what they are like then, but I've got no worries about them under performing.

Edited by Jp606

Might do an advanced driving tutorial, assume it'll be tough on the brakes, should I opt for the 660. Is a higher boiling point the only difference?

it has a much higher wet boiling point is what you need to keep an eye on. I've heard of people boiling 600 but I've not heard of any with 660. It will be a big challenge to do that!

Unless you are doing a large amount of track days a year then I'd stick to 600. The extra cost for little improvement isn't worth it from what I've researched. Also found out the 660 absorbs more moisture than 600 so needs more regular flushing.

Unless you are doing a large amount of track days a year then I'd stick to 600. The extra cost for little improvement isn't worth it from what I've researched. Also found out the 660 absorbs more moisture than 600 so needs more regular flushing.

Not true as the higher boiler point compensates for this. This is the reason for a term called wet boiling point.

Might do an advanced driving tutorial, assume it'll be tough on the brakes, should I opt for the 660. Is a higher boiling point the only difference?

it has a much higher wet boiling point is what you need to keep an eye on. I've heard of people boiling 600 but I've not heard of any with 660. It will be a big challenge to do that!

Pretty sure the Greek managed to boil it :lol:

Pretty sure the Greek managed to boil it :lol:

He was special though! Speaking of him... not heard from him in ages!