Trolley jacking

Yampiedog

Some people adapt a hockey puck and then use the standard jacking points. I adapted one of those heavy density plastic fence post knocking in thingies (without getting too technical) :)

Any pictures of your adaptation?

Rear I go on the diff.

Front I roll it up on camper can ramps( very low) and then get it on th subframe

Any pictures / pointers of where exactly?

Some people adapt a hockey puck and then use the standard jacking points. I adapted one of those heavy density plastic fence post knocking in thingies (without getting too technical) :)

Any pictures of your adaptation?

Rear I go on the diff.

Front I roll it up on camper can ramps( very low) and then get it on th subframe

Any pictures / pointers of where exactly?

Can't do that now but all I did was to cut the basic shape so that it fitted into the top section of the jack and then a slot in the top so that the lip on the underside of the car goes into the slot in such a way that no pressure is put on the lip - in other words it mimics the slot in the top of the jack that comes with the car. Having said that I have to jack the car up a little bit with another scissor jack to have enough room to get the adapted jack underneath....or you can roll the car onto two planks at front or back as suggested earlier.

I can't get my trolley jack under, have to use the zeds! Need a better solution!

Just drive the car onto a couple of pieces of wood, decking stuff is enough for mine to get the trolley jack under, or what Neil said^ if you want to buy a new trolley jacj :)

Could bits of wood and jack on the rear Diff. If i remember rightly theres a nobbly dome to go on. For the front/side. If you can reach the subframe then great, if not jack of the sill with a small bit of wood, there is a slightly wider part of the sill somewhere I believe.