Fiesta ST 2

twobears

Well, I drove it today and I loved it :p Also drove a couple of Seats because I was trying to convince myself that I would be fine driving a small car/small family car but erm, I wasn't :blush: I am not buying my new car until the end of the year but unless the Audi A1 or Mini Cooper knock my socks off tomorrow the Fiesta it is, and me a confirmed Ford 'hater' too. Ha ha, just goes to show.

So grateful to a certain forum member (you know who you are :lol: ) for pointing me in the direction of the Fiesta as I would never, ever have considered it otherwise. Mr Two Bears sat in the back and said that I had a silly grin on my face all the while I was driving the Fiesta but I was just chatting with the salesman whilst driving the other two. It even comes in a fabulous metallic blue that is not unlike Mr Zedley so what's not to like? :teeth:

Now you come to mention it, it didn't feel cramped inside, no, even though it is not the largest car from the outside. Never thought about that to be honest. The build quality felt very good, really solid and the suspension was very firm which is how I like it (no jokes please :nono: ) and the Recaro seats were uber comfortable. It wasn't champing at the bit around town but when I got it onto a good road and opened it up it was very responsive. Sorry, I'm babbling on now but I feel really excited to be getting it, even though I have to wait a while :blush:

I did say it was a great car :)

Yup, and you were right. I have had a nice drive now and have taken the late Michael Winner's words on board and calmed down. I have to wait a few months before I get the car so no point in living in a state of overexcitement for too long, far too exhausting :lol: I do keep returning to the brochure for a sneaky peek though :surrender:

• Like 1

Hmm, I've just made my decision a bit harder by driving the Cooper S and liking that one too :dry: Drove the A1 and it found it dull and the spec was poor too . Surely a demonstrator shouldn't come complete with irritating rattle? :wacko:

Does anyone know how long a dealer will 'hold' a car for you before you take delivery? I am slightly sketchy on when I want it to arrive as we are going to live in Spain and I need it some time in the new year but not sure exactly when. I know I can order it and ask for it to be low priority but will they store it for me? Or maybe delay the build until I am closer to being ready for it? I should have asked them at the time but I was wary of asking too many silly questions all in one test drive :blush:

I think the ST is a great choice. I drove a Cooper S but it had wheels that must have been from a Hummer because the ride had virtually been eliminated so I probably would need to have a go with one with sensible wheels on to make any judgement.