Fogging/Misted headlights...

zippypooz

Hi all, well i know this may seem obvious and i expect a few have already done it but when i bought my Z, i noticed the headlights were very slightly misted from where the plastic was reacting with the heat of the lights. So all i did was T-Cut them and now theyre as good as new!! Just thought id mention it!!...but like i said, im sure most try this option anyway!! ;)

I've tried T Cut on mine and it didn't make a difference :( think this month I'm going to try one of the Mothers Headlight Restoration Kits. Pricey, but should guarantee a good finish?

oh, maybe its on the inside on yours??

I truly hope not! I can imagine that being more hassle than its worth.

• Like 1

I've tried T Cut on mine and it didn't make a difference :( think this month I'm going to try one of the Mothers Headlight Restoration Kits. Pricey, but should guarantee a good finish?

oh, maybe its on the inside on yours??

I truly hope not! I can imagine that being more hassle than its worth.

Meguiars do a headlight restoration kit too

My headlamp lenses were foggy on my '04 and I started by rubbing down with wet 'n' dry working up to 2500 grit, this gives a totally new finish to the lenses. The next stage was to use some Marine quality clear urethane UV resistant sealant . this works a treat as its meant for boats which spend 24hrs a day in all sorts of weather especially strong sunlight (stronger sunlight if you take trips to the Caribbean) A couple of light coats a couple of years ago and the lenses are as clear as the day I completed them. Time taken approx. 3 hours per lense for a really good job allowing drying time between coats. I initially tried the toothpaste method but found that this didn't even last a summer. Turtle wax also manufacture a product specifically for this job but personally I find this doesn't last very long either. I'll continue the UV resistant urethane as its the best treatment I've found thus far.

• Like 1

My headlamp lenses were foggy on my '04 and I started by rubbing down with wet 'n' dry working up to 2500 grit, this gives a totally new finish to the lenses. The next stage was to use some Marine quality clear urethane UV resistant sealant . this works a treat as its meant for boats which spend 24hrs a day in all sorts of weather especially strong sunlight (stronger sunlight if you take trips to the Caribbean) A couple of light coats a couple of years ago and the lenses are as clear as the day I completed them. Time taken approx. 3 hours per lense for a really good job allowing drying time between coats. I initially tried the toothpaste method but found that this didn't even last a summer. Turtle wax also manufacture a product specifically for this job but personally I find this doesn't last very long either. I'll continue the UV resistant urethane as its the best treatment I've found thus far.

Any chance of a link to the magical product you used? Sounds extremely useful.

• Like 1

^^^^^ Just go to a marine shop or if there's not one near you a narrow boat suppliers (which is where mine came from) will sell it as the boats spend all their time outside in all weathers and get the reflection of the water on all wood. I bought mine from Braunston Marina and unfortunately I can't remember the name of it as I lent it to a mate and have yet to have it retuned to me. As long as it says UV protectant which all stuff from marine shops is then you'll be OK. Oh yeah make sure its clear and not mahogany coloured. :doh:

^^^^^ Just go to a marine shop or if there's not one near you a narrow boat suppliers (which is where mine came from) will sell it as the boats spend all their time outside in all weathers and get the reflection of the water on all wood. I bought mine from Braunston Marina and unfortunately I can't remember the name of it as I lent it to a mate and have yet to have it retuned to me. As long as it says UV protectant which all stuff from marine shops is then you'll be OK. Oh yeah make sure its clear and not mahogany coloured. :doh:

Hahaha did your mate have a Zed too then lol!!?...whats his number!!!!!!?

Hahaha did your mate have a Zed too then lol!!?...whats his number!!!!!!?

No he's running a Nissan S13 and painted himself with it before he went to Jamaica, just to make sure he didn't burn in the sun and sea. :lol:

Edited by samsniss350z
  • Like 1