Help - Need a screw

DoubleU

Apologies for the mass post but I tried to fix my fuel tank senders yesterday (massive thanks to the How To guide on the forum from SteveW, all went well)

But as I was putting the fuel tank cover back on behind the drivers seat I pinged out one of the 6 little screws that holds it on and lost it down inside the car somewhere.

It's gone and I now have a hole where the screw should be - which I don't think is good.

Does anyone have one of these little screws with the washers they could send me from a car they've broken for spares?

Otherwise, where can I get one?

My nearest dealer? I'm about to phone them but thought I'd try the Forum first.

Thanks,

Will

I dropped the same screw when fitting my fuel return system, diwn the front of the tank and it fell right through and i found it lying on my drive underneath the car. Worth a look

I hoped it might drop through but even though I rocked the car it didn't fall out. :-(

If you can measure one of the other screws (diameter and height) then you should easily be able to find a matching screw (and washer) in a hardware store, or failing that the internet.

Thanks, there's a decent hardware store near my work, but I'm off today. was gonna check them tomorrow but looks like ZmanAlex has come up trumps again.