Diamond Brokers

elfman

Ladies/Gents,

As per the title i'm after locating a Diamond brokers to buy a diamond for a ring to be made. I've heard this can be a good option for getting a nice ring made and a bit cheaper than just going to a jewelry shop.

Has anyone had any experience of this and if so do you have any recommended places to go?

Cheers!

We went to Hatton Garden and chose the diamond for my engagement ring but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the broker. Sorry :blush: It's a nice way to choose a stone though. Feels more personal than just buying a ring ready made and you can have the stone cut in whatever way you like (although the jeweller will give you advice according to which stone you choose) and have your own choice of setting too.

Are congratulations in order by the way? :)

• Like 1

I can recommend a chap called Lam Duong, I didnt use his services myself but hes a good guy, hes actually just got a beautiful ring made for his lady. A pic of his car is below, can you guess how I know him?? ;)

IMG_0804_pgpq_1.jpg

Send me a PM and Ill direct you to him :)

• Like 1

We went to Hatton Garden and chose the diamond for my engagement ring but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the broker. Sorry :blush: It's a nice way to choose a stone though. Feels more personal than just buying a ring ready made and you can have the stone cut in whatever way you like (although the jeweller will give you advice according to which stone you choose) and have your own choice of setting too.

Are congratulations in order by the way? :)

Was it Michael Smookler? We went down there too :)

He's based in the London Diamond Bourse in Hatton Garden - you have to take ID and go through enormous security ... cameras everywhere! Website http://www.london-victorian-ring.com/ - not just victorian designs but also art deco, Edwardian and modern - excellent service, no hard sell and will find you what you are looking for - if you want to design your own he'll do that too.

Vik, it wasn't that one that I went to but I love some of the rings on that site, especially that beautiful Art Deco turquoise one. Wonder if I need to visit Hatton Garden again for any reason-lol :lol:

I can feel a visit coming on for my 40th in October :lol: He has amazing emeralds as well - almost inclusion free - I sent my parents there and he did a gorgeous ring for their 40th anniversary :throb:

I went to a friend's jeweller who custom made the engagement ring I wanted, and was very competitive. Makes a high street jeweller look like a rip off. I had the ring valued at Hatton gardens and at the lanes in Brighton and they both came back with a Value of about 4-5x what I paid for it.

I'm happy to pass on the details, and if you tell him I sent you he'll look after you well. His office/factory is in Basildon but he's worth the journey. We've had our wedding rings made there and 3 of my friends have used him since and gone back for more work. He is a genius.

Here's a pic of it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9d91qjd5iy3091/2101472-800.jpg

Edited by wmr1980