What a complete Ar@e hole

Harryjax

Last time I checked the white line part wasn't a lane.... idiot. And yes, why wasn't he slowing down miles before this?! :scare: I have friends who are bikers and they can be good fun, but for the love of god.. STAY IN A LANE AND STOP GOING UP THE MIDDLE! People say...you should be looking in your mirrors... yes but bikes are that small and quick to come up the middle they'll come up when you've already took your glance. Its not as 'easy' as 'just looking'. Does my head in, stay in lane please, you'll die otherwise lol

Last time I checked the white line part wasn't a lane.... idiot. And yes, why wasn't he slowing down miles before this?! :scare: I have friends who are bikers and they can be good fun, but for the love of god.. STAY IN A LANE AND STOP GOING UP THE MIDDLE! People say...you should be looking in your mirrors... yes but bikes are that small and quick to come up the middle they'll come up when you've already took your glance. Its not as 'easy' as 'just looking'. Does my head in, stay in lane please, you'll die otherwise lol

That's how the A4 accident would have occurred, white line riding and a driver changing lanes.

Thing is I don't really give a toot if they kill themselves through riding like idiots. I'm more fussed about repairing more body panels and paint. That would **** me off more.

• Like 1

To be honest after 6 weeks of driving in London that example is just typical. The amount of dangerous bikers on the roads horrifies me. They don't give a toot about other vehicles. All they care about is nipping through the middle of stationary or even 70mph flowing traffic. Oh there's a gap of 12ft that's MINE!!

A bike is a vehicle that should obey the same rules as a car or truck. Not "get a bike to shortcut the traffic".

On the A4 entering London Monday, biker accident. I know instantly how that would have occurred.

What I find most odd that over the last 6 years in Birmingham I've not seen any evidence of idiotic bike riding, which affirms my theory of "get a bike to shortcut the traffic" for London.

London is a nightmare for bikers....... Inconsiderate and all riding with a death wish.

All I can say about the video rider is "sh!t" and he's a ****!!

I agree and I would add cyclists to that when you're talking about central London. I work on the Strand and the number of times I've seen them put themselves and other people in danger is incredible. As for the div in the video I agree with one of the earlier posts that it looks like he might have thought he could go between the trucks and then realised he couldn't. Muppet.

London is just a relatively small place given the number of people living there with small roads for all the forms of transport. Cycles, Bikers, Cars, Buses, Lorries, Vans they are all there trying to share that same 10ft wide bit of road. As much as cyclists want to go for every gap because they think its their prerogative to overtake in traffic, cars do also think on roads where it open up a bit they have to get back past.

All that said, having been both in the saddle and in the seat, cyclists are definitely more in number in utterly shocking road use. From ridiculous attempts to undertake (I am turning left at a roundabout at Richmond bridge the other day and a cyclist tried to cut up the inside of me and go straight over instead of just waiting. All they way up to plain ignorance like on Priory Lane in Roehampton where the council went to great lengths and expense to build a cycle lane on the pavement, so taking space away from pedestrians, only for cyclists to completely ignore it and still cycle in the road at 15mph up the hill because they all have their yellow jerseys on with Sky written on them or something thinking they are Tour de France entrants.

Totally! Hardly anyone on a cycle uses the numerous cycle lanes around here. I guess they think they don't look manly enough if they do (or if they give an arm signal when turning etc).

Edited by sipar69

To be honest after 6 weeks of driving in London that example is just typical. The amount of dangerous bikers on the roads horrifies me. They don't give a toot about other vehicles. All they care about is nipping through the middle of stationary or even 70mph flowing traffic. Oh there's a gap of 12ft that's MINE!!

A bike is a vehicle that should obey the same rules as a car or truck. Not "get a bike to shortcut the traffic".

On the A4 entering London Monday, biker accident. I know instantly how that would have occurred.

What I find most odd that over the last 6 years in Birmingham I've not seen any evidence of idiotic bike riding, which affirms my theory of "get a bike to shortcut the traffic" for London.

London is a nightmare for bikers....... Inconsiderate and all riding with a death wish.

All I can say about the video rider is "sh!t" and he's a ****!!

I agree and I would add cyclists to that when you're talking about central London. I work on the Strand and the number of times I've seen them put themselves and other people in danger is incredible. As for the div in the video I agree with one of the earlier posts that it looks like he might have thought he could go between the trucks and then realised he couldn't. Muppet.

London is just a relatively small place given the number of people living there with small roads for all the forms of transport. Cycles, Bikers, Cars, Buses, Lorries, Vans they are all there trying to share that same 10ft wide bit of road. As much as cyclists want to go for every gap because they think its their prerogative to overtake in traffic, cars do also think on roads where it open up a bit they have to get back past.

All that said, having been both in the saddle and in the seat, cyclists are definitely more in number in utterly shocking road use. From ridiculous attempts to undertake (I am turning left at a roundabout at Richmond bridge the other day and a cyclist tried to cut up the inside of me and go straight over instead of just waiting. All they way up to plain ignorance like on Priory Lane in Roehampton where the council went to great lengths and expense to build a cycle lane on the pavement, so taking space away from pedestrians, only for cyclists to completely ignore it and still cycle in the road at 15mph up the hill because they all have their yellow jerseys on with Sky written on them or something thinking they are Tour de France entrants.

Totally! Hardly anyone on a bike uses the numerous cycle lanes around here.

Totally agree with this. Cycle lanes are put in for the safety of the cyclist at the expense of our council taxes! Seriously one bug bear that really pisses me off to be stuck in a queue of cars that can't go round a cyclist when there is a perfectly good empty cycle lane right next to them!

• Like 1

What a twonk, I'm pretty sure he was speeding to judging by the closing speed & the rate he was passing the cars.

If he was even half a decent rider he would have remained calm & probably got through the gap, when things look like they are about to go to pot the trick is not to panic, just deal with it. Remember Coombe the other week Ian? ;)

He was definitely speeding, in my opinion as well he didnt realise the impending crash until the second set of '5hits' because he seemed to brake and then let off but then brake again.

In any case he must be a brain dead numpty for posting the video up online anyway when clearly he is riding like an utter **** and could have killed himself and/or other road users.

the council went to great lengths and expense to build a cycle lane on the pavement, so taking space away from pedestrians, only for cyclists to completely ignore it and still cycle in the road at 15mph up the hill because they all have their yellow jerseys on with Sky written on them or something thinking they are Tour de France entrants.

We have this where I live. boils my blood. Tax money wasted apparently.

London is awash with cycle lanes and the idiots still wobble about in the middle of the road as they cannot be bothered to cross over to a cycle lane.

Bus Lanes, Cycle Lanes, how about a Zed lane..!!! :thumbs: