Rockingham track day - come have some fun

Will370z

Well what a great day out, an amazing track, great driver discipline, great weather & a great bunch of friends. The zed performed faultlessly, the brakes held up well & so did the tyres considering the punishment I gave them throughout the day.

Just a quick clip of the zeds as we left.

I`ll hopefully post up some on track videos during the week, but it`s now time for bed

Just wanted to say a huge thanks for all those that turned up today, what a great day and we had some cracking weather.

Stayed up in a local hotel with Darren the night before for lots of beer and some pub grub, best way to start a track day weekend. Up at the crack of dawn and head over to Rockingham. Awesome track and i must admit more than a little nerve racking seeing that huge wall right next to a very fast lefthander on the oval. Definitely the most technical circuit i've been on.

Was great to see see my track partner in Crime Andy arrive shortly after in our trusted BMW, then came Andy, Lydia, Phil and his mate Dave and then Andys girlfriend.

But star of the day has to be Ken, our biggest fan at this rate as he's coming to all of our track days thus far, but this time he came with a huge feast in his boot. Tables, chairs, salads, pies, quiches, potato salad, coleslaw, sandwiches, crisps, cakes, muffins, ............. huge big thankyou for that, you must come again ;)

Thanks for takign me out on the skid pan Lydia, Ken and Darren. Was a lot of fun

BMW was decidedly off at the start as she kept sliding out on all the left handers, swapped tyres and it improved then disappeared. Thank goodness as i did lose confidence on some of those bends but at the end of the day it was awesome.

Some nice machines there today and lots of friends so wasa great day out. Will post up vids later but heres a few quick pics

The start of the feast - this was only a small part of what came out of kens boot :yahoo:

IMG_1714_zps9c9b81f3.jpg

The zeds vs Rockingham

IMG_1713_zps3ca2913f.jpg

IMG_1709_zps01ed8adb.jpg

IMG_1708_zpsa4c2154f.jpg

IMG_1707_zpsb1444492.jpg

IMG_1720_zps78a2a5af.jpg

• Like 1

Great day out guys! Haven't reviewed my videos yet but looking forward to seeing any photos!

Finally starting to get through tyres now... thats 2 out of 9 deemed to be dead now! will definitely have a look at the tracking before my next day with Ian, just to make sure its all pointing in the right direction!

Still on a high from yesterday :teeth:

I thought that my car handled very well yesterday on road tyres, kept up with alot of lighter & better prepped cars through the corners & I think I may have surprised a few people on the straights :evil: But after the trip out in the SC`d VX220 I`m looking again :ninja: the change of direction & cornering is on a completely different level.

But after the trip out in the SC`d VX220 I`m looking again :ninja: the change of direction & cornering is on a completely different level.

Sadly I don't think Will or myself will fit in 1. :(

I'm 6'4 and can just about fit in one, I had a VX for 6 months before writing it off - Will was able to sit in it but I think we took the roof off!

It was a great day out on Sunday, the MR2 went faultlessly, handling much better with new tyres, though I did manage to spin once when taking Andy round. I'll also admit to being a little scared when I arrived at the track as there isn't much room for error on the high speed corner... I will post up some pics when I get them from Dave as he did take quite a few.

• Like 1

I'm at Donington on the 16th so this will be a bit too close to that for me but I've just booked 11th September at Blyton, 2nd October at Cadwell and 16th November at Oulton Park, if anyone wants to join me for any of those that'd be great. I'll be in a mk1 mx5.

Looking at Oulton for the 16th Nov- cracking circuit- will let you know when booked

Some cracking photos there! really loving the mix of perspective and shots. Darren i'll watch your footage when i get in - looked at my few videos last night and they looked really slow... hopefully your car with twice the power will seem faster!

and yeah low grip drifting is darn tricky - i find sliding a car a lot easier on dry tarmac! Once we've got an LSD fitted to the beemer i want to go on a DWYB day at Santa Pod to finish off some tyres properly :stir: