Kinetix brake discs and Stop Tec pads fitted all round

buster

so after ordering the items above they have sat in Keyser hall way for about a month and a half until Saturday :lol: .We manage to find a couple of spare minutes so decided to get on with it.

didnt manage to get any pics whilst fitting but can say the pads fitted the calipers nicely and the disc also fitted without issues.

too the bit that counts.....i d go so far as to say they are a marked improvment over the o/e ones by a mile.

pedal is really firm and gives good feed back and the braking is awesome..

disc s came from ebay.....a gamble i know but well worth it

the STOP TEC S from Tarmac and i must thank him for his recommendation on purchasing them.

Edited by buster

:thumbs:

I've had Kinetix discs with Brembo pads fitted to the front for a month now (on my daily driver) and have no complaints at all.

Mine were also bought from eBay and as Bob said, was a bit of a gamble as there wasn't much feedback from Zed owners that had fitted them. They are very keenly priced, dimpled and grooved discs, made in the UK.

In summary - so far, so very good :)

Edited by 14N

did you do all 4? ive had a box in my flat for the last year with pads discs braided lines and fluid that i havent had time for. how long did it take?

did all 4 in about an hour or so.

How were the caliper bolts? Intend to change my disks in the next 5-6 weeks and am worries mine will be seized as hell. I don't suppose, if you remove the pads there's any way you can the disks off without removing the caliper?

How were the caliper bolts? Intend to change my disks in the next 5-6 weeks and am worries mine will be seized as hell. I don't suppose, if you remove the pads there's any way you can the disks off without removing the caliper?

Nope and tight would be the answer to that bloomin tight - big breaker bar!

Nope and tight would be the answer to that bloomin tight - big breaker bar!

Damn, I only have a 2ft roughly bar. Plus I cant get the car fully in the air so ive no idea how you'd get a long bar underneath. My local garage use a big 5 ft monster but they have a ramp to lift the car in the air to get good leverage!

Was really hoping you could slide the disks out with no pads in :(

• 2 weeks later...