Do spacers affect the Geo?

mehdiaj

Depends.

Will it affect the settings you have on the car already? No, I don't think so, unless you're particularly cack-handed and knock crap out of the car when fitting them. Will they affect the way the car handles afterwards? Yes, so the car will no longer handle like the geo you specified.

That may seem contradictory, but it's not. :)

Spacers will show up and small defects and exaggerate them when doing 4 wheel alignment I think.

What are you on about?

To OP,

Yes they will affect the geometry of course they will.

It might not be drastic but just get a full wheel alignment done anyway. Most places don't charge to check your geometry anyway.

Edited by Dave-350

So to put it simply, what you mean is it's put the geometry out lol.

I really don't think too much into it, Because the bottom line is ...

If you play with suspension or related components get a full wheel alignment done after and you don't need to worry!

Unless you can't get it to where it needs to be... Then there's traders.

I think the worst effect from playing with the geometry is TOE. If the TOE is out ever so slightly it will either stick the steering wheel on the **** or just feel horrible to drive... That's when you get people saying "spacers ruin your car" no, you've put the geometry out and you need to get it aligned.

I have spacers, and lowered, and my car drives wonderfully :)

So OP, you are right to get an alignment done afterwards, it will be fine and feel no different.

Edited by Dave-350

Eh? If you dont touch the camber/toe/caster bolts then how are the settings going to change?

The effects of giving a bigger offset or lowering the car will change it... I have been down this route many times with many cars to know.

Edited by Dave-350

thanks for the replys , ok will get the spacers first then will get the GEO done after they are installed!

I dont plan on lowering the car anymore, but do i need to purchase anything else to help with the geo, i.e. adjustable arms? or will the stock oem ones be ok?

i am planning on getting the Eibach anti roll bar upgrades in the future!

Med

thanks for the replys , ok will get the spacers first then will get the GEO done after they are installed!

I dont plan on lowering the car anymore, but do i need to purchase anything else to help with the geo, i.e. adjustable arms? or will the stock oem ones be ok?

i am planning on getting the Eibach anti roll bar upgrades in the future!

Med

Are you lowered? If so how much?

I found that when I lowered mine, and I am pretty low, I needed rear adjustable arms, fronts arms would be ideal but I had a nice even -2 degrees camber on front. Some would say that is too much, but it suits me fine and my tyres are doing ok :)

If you are just adding spacers, you might not even feel a wheel alignment is needed, I didn't when I added mine but some owners had issues in the past where it put it out.

Eh? If you dont touch the camber/toe/caster bolts then how are the settings going to change?

The effects of giving a bigger offset or lowering the car will change it... I have been down this route many times with many cars to know.

Yeah docwra what do you know, not like you have owned many cars even is it :lol:

He didnt ask about lowering, and Ive also done this many times, spacers do not affect the cars alignment. They will increase scrub radius but thats not a figure thats associated with alignment as its not easily adjustable and not that easy to measure in the first place.