Urgent window tinting MK

Daryl

Had a real nightmare yesterday after trying to reset the window motor on the passenger side. Ended up wasting a couple of hours, and ripping the tint on the window. Would REALLY like this sorted today. Have exhausted Google for window tinting around me, so clutching at straws but was hoping someone on here would be able to help me out. Im at Silverstone Classic tomorrow, so even if someone was based at the track then that could work.

I was in the same boat, bought the car with tinted windows. I always thought it must be legal as it passed the MOT.

It's not checked on an MOT , but they now advise you that your windows are tinted. It's up to you to know how dark it is. The MOT guys don't have the equipment to test how dark the tint is.

Yes, the limit is that 70% of light must get through the driver/passenger windows. Mine are tinted, the MOT lad said he reckons they are darker than is legal but that it really suits the car and he wouldn't change it! lol But there is now a comment on my MOT that he has informed me that my windows are tinted......so can't plead ignorance anymore.

I could always call VOSA and ask them to come round and test my tint levels.....but they'll probably just tell me it darker than legal and I have to remove it.