Monaro Vxr

Sized

Thanks Lexx, good to get the views of an ex-owner of a similar car. Guy down my road has a black VXR8 with black rims - it looks like Darth Vader on wheels and sounds like the apocalypse has arrived :cloud9: Not really sure I want a saloon though, even though I imagine that size wise the coupe isn't much smaller. I have had a soft spot for V8 Holdens since I spent time in Oz many moons ago. Good to know fuel economy isn't too bad - not much different to the zed on a long run then :)

Ekona, the barge-with-a-lazy-woofly-V8 aspect quite appeals to me :lol: Think I'm getting old!

More research required I think, and getting a house move out of the way first!

Thanks Lexx, good to get the views of an ex-owner of a similar car. Guy down my road has a black VXR8 with black rims - it looks like Darth Vader on wheels and sounds like the apocalypse has arrived :cloud9: Not really sure I want a saloon though, even though I imagine that size wise the coupe isn't much smaller. I have had a soft spot for V8 Holdens since I spent time in Oz many moons ago. Good to know fuel economy isn't too bad - not much different to the zed on a long run then :)

Ekona, the barge-with-a-lazy-woofly-V8 aspect quite appeals to me :lol: Think I'm getting old!

More research required I think, and getting a house move out of the way first!

I think out in OZ they stick the LS V8's in pretty much everything don't they? I bet the fuel out there is cheaper too!

I have family out in Perth - Not sure if any of them own a V8 but I bet its much more reasonable to run out there!

Love both the VXR8 and Monaro looks, they say different things but both are good. I did check them out for a bit before going the VX220 route, but the running costs just sent me, running! MPG and I would imagine VED is pretty high?

I think out in OZ they stick the LS V8's in pretty much everything don't they? I bet the fuel out there is cheaper too!

Over in the US they stick LS's in S2000's, not that weird !!

Regards fuel costs, I have UK friends that live in Oz that were over not long ago and we were talking about differences. I raised the point of cheap fuel and they sadly said that that has seen the biggest inflation of late, to the point that it's pretty much the same as here :( .

Love both the VXR8 and Monaro looks, they say different things but both are good. I did check them out for a bit before going the VX220 route, but the running costs just sent me, running! MPG and I would imagine VED is pretty high?

I'm in the rip-off tax bracket with the zed anyway bud, so that's fine, and as Lexx said mpg isn't so bad on the motorway. Don't really use my car in the week anyway so it's less of an issue. Like your VX220 btw - nice!

Cheers, yes since getting the VX and having loads of speed under my right foot WITH 35-40mpg anything running at 15-20 suddenly seems very expensive!

I'm with you there, obviously a completely different kettle of fish car wise but I have to try really hard to get less that 35mpg ;)