Squeaky brakes

da_ansa

Hello all,

Just picked up my 350z and the brakes squeak on soft braking and low speeds. problem is apparent with say inner city or town driving but not on high speed braking or braking the requires me to put abit more bite onto the discs.

Ive had this problem previously with a set of brembos on DC5. i was wandering if there was a fix for this problem? As you can imagine its quite embarrassing!

Thanks Michael

Carry out a bedding in procedure.

5x stops from 50 - 30 low pressure

Drive at 70 for a couple of miles without touching the brakes to cool them

5x stops from 70 - 30 med pressure

Cooldown

5x stops from 100 - 50 as hard as you can before ABS kicks in

Cooldown

You can substitute the third one for another 70 - 30 with hard pressure if you don't fancy doing a ton. Carry out the stops one straight after the other, using full acceleration.

Carry out a bedding in procedure.

5x stops from 50 - 30 low pressure

Drive at 70 for a couple of miles without touching the brakes to cool them

5x stops from 70 - 30 med pressure

Cooldown

5x stops from 100 - 50 as hard as you can before ABS kicks in

Cooldown

You can substitute the third one for another 70 - 30 with hard pressure if you don't fancy doing a ton. Carry out the stops one straight after the other, using full acceleration.

Is this the procedure for bedding in new brakes? its just that ive only just bought this car and it doesnt have new brakes.

Thanks Michael

Please don't laugh at my stupid questions because I freely admit to knowing nothing at all about cars but my brakes started to squeak after I came back from my last track day and I am now wondering if I need to do something? I had new pads fitted recently and have been on one track day since then but not driven the car much otherwise as it is my 'fun car' and not driven daily.

Hello, I haven't. I've checked the discs and they weren't worn or pitted.

I'll look at the pads on my lunch break.

They do stop rather well. That's why I didn't look at the pads

Thanks michael

It's the inside pad which wears very quickly on the zed. The standard pads have a tendency to break up also.

My brakes squeaked on and off, didn't seem to be and logic to it trued bedding in, sometimes worked sometimes didn't. Then it just went away and never came back all on it's own :shrug:

I never used my brakes much as Keyser will confirm as he had my discs which had done 2 Wales trips and about 20k miles ;)