Hello again

Hi folks, I have signed up and said hello in the past. The last time I was looking for a zed. I have just been offered a zed as part of a swap with my e46 m3... I have been having a look to see if you guys have a buyers guide with no joy. Do you have one? and if so any kind person fancy posting a link for me. What do you think the going price for a 2006 zed with 42kmiles would be. It is super clean with a bose system... Not sure if that's standard or not...... Any tips or advise would be grand..... Sorry for the large paragraph but my return key isn't working on the site Cheers Richie

Edited by Richie-B

Wttc

Think there's a guide in the FAQ section about what to look out for :thumbs:

And I know bose is a well respected make but not in a zed! Half the members hate it and have ripped it out

Edited by Dannyg

yeah I switched it on to check it worked but didn't crank it up... The car looks super clean.. I am really tempted by it... Something new to mod the way I see fit.. Cheers for the reply I am off to have a look now... I keep getting distracted by build threads, mods and good looking cars

Hi folks, I have signed up and said hello in the past. The last time I was looking for a zed. I have just been offered a zed as part of a swap with my e46 m3... I have been having a look to see if you guys have a buyers guide with no joy. Do you have one? and if so any kind person fancy posting a link for me. What do you think the going price for a 2006 zed with 42kmiles would be. It is super clean with a bose system... Not sure if that's standard or not...... Any tips or advise would be grand..... Sorry for the large paragraph but my return key isn't working on the site Cheers Richie

why would you swap and m3 for a 350z? :wacko:

My m3 has developed a rusty 1/4 which has been ground down and sprayed it looks good just now but I think it will raise its ugly head again in a few months .... The 350 looks to be fresh and its at a trader... I've owned the m3 for 5 years now and its time for a change... If I am honest I would like an M6 or M5 with the v10 500 pony engine but I have a pending extension to my house looming and a fiancé who will be looking to start planning a wedding, so a couple of years fettling a 350 would be cool.. I just had a quote and the 350 looks to be about £300 cheaper a year on the insurance than the M..... That's the invites covered lol

Edited by Richie-B

You should look to pay anything between 7 and 8.5k. All depends if its a gt (leather heated seats and cruise etc) rays or touring alloys and what condition the paintwork is in. Too be honest they are really reliable so if its a respected garage and good price go for it :)

it has leather, heated seats and rays's.. The paint work is spotless not mark on it... I did wonder if it was too clean.. My only moan about it would be that its been a smoker... I am going to head off later today and see another local one

Edited by Richie-B

it has leather, heated seats and rays's.. The paint work is spotless not mark on it... I did wonder if it was too clean.. My only moan about it would be that its been a smoker... I am going to head off later today and see another local one

Sounds good to me to be honest, not a big deal if they haven't marked the leather. You will know how much you want (willing) to do to the car to bring it up to speed.

It's not even the facelift 2006 either. It's a late registered 2005 car by the looks of it. So no 300ps engine, no new interior, no new style lights, and a hefty tax bill for nothing. For that money you'll get a decent proper facelift car with low mileage

M5 guzzles fuel like you will not believe. Had first hand experience. Only has a tiny tank so you'll be filling up all the time. Two front discs and pads from BMW cost about 2k also. Be under no illusions with the buying costs. They are still a 500hp v10 hypersaloon

Who goes to BMW for Anything though. A pair of discs and pads for a 520d is probably 1k :lol:

M5 is a hero chariot though. A guy on driftworks had a e46 m3 but put the v10 engine it and put in cut outs. Sounded awesome.

There's no question about it, it's a sexy sound! Sounds very lambo like and goes pretty much like one too.

Even aftermarket discs are crazy money for the m5. Defo not a car u want to scrimp on brakes for. It's a lot of weight travelling at a lot of speed.

• Like 1

One of my mates purchased a 350 to add to his collection over here about 6 months ago. The salesman had been using as his driver for one week, that salesman was a smoker, and 6 months later the Z still stinks of smoker (sorry no offence to people here that smoke). He's had the head lining out and the works, still smells. I guess it depends how sensitive your sense of smell is. On the upside between the two of us we put the hard word on the salesman and got a substantial amount of money knocked of the Z, to do the deal. Thumb screws. :lol:

Good luck with whichever Z you end up with.