polishing my invidia exhaust

ddcboyle

Had invidia on for around 2 or 3 month but already it looks very worn (just the usual muck and water making it look dirty).

Is there a way to keep ontop of it, so when the time comes to sell it, I can get it upto same shiny finish as when I bought it? Or will all exhausts discolour no matter if you polish it?

Im talking about whole exhaust, not just the tips

Most exhausts will discolour throughout usage from all of the heat cycles it goes through. A bit of metal polish should bring it up nicely, and then whenever you clean the rest of the car give it a wipeover with a damp microfibre to bring the shine up.

Ah thats good to hear. I thought after a year of use, the exhaust would go rusty and brown and yuck and there wouldnt be a way to bring it back. So aslong as every month or two I grt some autosol or meguirs, itll stay polished shine :)

Thanks guys

I have a powerflow stainless system on mine, and when I got it I don't think the owner had ever cleaned it, corrosion and dirt everywhere. I got round to doing it after owning the car for a good 6 weeks orso and all it took was 10 mins per tip and they look like new, just 1 small spot left. That was just using Autosol and a MF cloth :) its amazing stuff!

• Like 1