Whoever said the zed isn't economical

Wasso

haha! To be fair my civic was tuned and track ready.... Running about 240bhp and with fully stripped interior and fully adjustable coilovers it went like stink.

I'm actually pretty certain it would hammer my current Z if it went toe to toe on the track.

Thats not to say I don't like the Z, I do but it's just not as quick as I'd hoped. I'm torn between modding it to get a little more out of it or just waiting a couple of month and selling up to get something like an Evo or a Scoob.

At risk of being hounded off the forum........I reset the mpg when I picked up the car three weeks ago.

It currently reads 30.8 I've done about 600 miles. This is what comes of having a wife just needs to look at a car to get sick. My daily commute must help as well, it's less than ten minutes in town, 15 mins at 60mph on a motorway.

Roll my first trip to the highlands with the boys :bounce:

a wife just needs to look at a car to get sick.

my daughter is like that - my wife,..............well 'nother story :lol:

Edited by ioneabee

haha! To be fair my civic was tuned and track ready.... Running about 240bhp and with fully stripped interior and fully adjustable coilovers it went like stink.

I'm actually pretty certain it would hammer my current Z if it went toe to toe on the track.

Thats not to say I don't like the Z, I do but it's just not as quick as I'd hoped. I'm torn between modding it to get a little more out of it or just waiting a couple of month and selling up to get something like an Evo or a Scoob.

Sell it. Otherwise you just peeing money on a lost cause,

• Like 1

I was pleasently surprised with the fuel economy of the Zed. I remember looking at the quoted figures when i was looking to buy a Zed, and I thought I should be so lucky... but after real world driving, I have found the economy to be fab.

It is pretty much on par with a 1.6 Automatic Honda Civic I used to drive as a student!

I was pleasently surprised with the fuel economy of the Zed. I remember looking at the quoted figures when i was looking to buy a Zed, and I thought I should be so lucky... but after real world driving, I have found the economy to be fab.

It is pretty much on par with a 1.6 Automatic Honda Civic I used to drive as a student!

Bollix!! haha :stir:

Whatever you guys do like resetting the trip computer on the motorway you will never average much more that 26/27mpg overall so live with it :p

It's not bad for what it is though I'm the first to admit that, although I can now do Birmingham & back on half a tank (60l tank) sitting at 80mph on the motorways :p

Edited by spursmaddave

Whatever you guys do like resetting the trip computer on the motorway you will never average much more that 26/27mpg overall so live with it :p

It's not bad for what it is though I'm the first to admit that, although I can now do Birmingham & back on half a tank (60l tank) sitting at 80mph on the motorways :p

That speedo on your Jag must be dodgey Dave, you should get it looked at. Surely you were scooting along at 70mph....