Got these bad boys last nite... At a unbeatable price!!!

Broomers-ZED

Im not one of these believers that 1000pound speakers are 10x better than 100pound.

If you so change headunit id recommend going for good brand, I had jvc one. Was awesome for technology and what I could input, but bose was better sound quality. However... that might have been because it bypasses the bose amp.

You looking at getting some speakers in the rear of boot? Or just keeping it in the oem slots?

Ok to be fair anything would sound better than the 'Bose' speakers as they are flimsy mexican tat.

Don't give up in the modding, have a look back at mine when I first joined I made some right **** ups :lol:

I am a bit of an audio snob I admit that, all in all I spent neary £1.5k on my set up which was way over the top but it was important to me, some people would spend over £1k on a new bumper fitted & painted I think thats crazy :wack: we are all different...

I was generalising about guys buying cheaper Zeds these days and fitting budget bits, sign of the times I guess... :dry:

Posted (edited) · Hidden by DoogyRev, July 11, 2013 - No need for this post
Hidden by DoogyRev, July 11, 2013 - No need for this post

Although I'm not a native English speaker, if we're talking about quality "speakers" I'd invest more into English grammar lessons. You can hate me now! :lol:

Brief suggestions:

yea
= yes/yeah?
More crisper
= more crisp?
standerd
= standard?
there amped
= they're amplified?
gunna
= going to?
lieing
= laying
wireing
= wiring?
il
= I'll? Edited by octet

Ok to be fair anything would sound better than the 'Bose' speakers as they are flimsy mexican tat.

Don't give up in the modding, have a look back at mine when I first joined I made some right **** ups :lol:

I am a bit of an audio snob I admit that, all in all I spent neary £1.5k on my set up which was way over the top but it was important to me, some people would spend over £1k on a new bumper fitted & painted I think thats crazy :wack: we are all different...

I was generalising about guys buying cheaper Zeds these days and fitting budget bits, sign of the times I guess... :dry:

Zeds dropping in price now so its... does the 19year old guy get a 1.8diesel focus for 11k or a 3.5 350z for 6k. Mods are gettimg cheaper, but thats always the case. Why spent 2k on bodykit and 2k on exhaust setup when car is worth 6k. Im the cheapo on the forum, tryna d.i.y everything. Wrapping, spraying, servicing

Posted · Hidden by DoogyRev, July 11, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by DoogyRev, July 11, 2013 - No reason given
Although I'm not a native English speaker, if we talking about quality "speakers" I'd invest more into English grammar lessons. You can hate me now! :lol:

Brief suggestions:

yea
= yes/yeah?
More crisper
= more crisp?
standerd
= standard?
there amped
= they're amplified?
gunna
= going to?
lieing
= laying
wireing
= wiring?
il
= I'll?

Cheers buddy. I suffer for high dyslexia. And spell how I hear. That's why my English isn't good.

Im not one of these believers that 1000pound speakers are 10x better than 100pound.

If you so change headunit id recommend going for good brand, I had jvc one. Was awesome for technology and what I could input, but bose was better sound quality. However... that might have been because it bypasses the bose amp.

You looking at getting some speakers in the rear of boot? Or just keeping it in the oem slots?

Il build a boot build in the back mate and sit my 4 6x9s in there. Aswell as the rear 6.5s il swap them for some aftermarket ones just like the doors. But amp them aswell so I can get the full potential :)

Zeds dropping in price now so its... does the 19year old guy get a 1.8diesel focus for 11k or a 3.5 350z for 6k. Mods are gettimg cheaper, but thats always the case. Why spent 2k on bodykit and 2k on exhaust setup when car is worth 6k. Im the cheapo on the forum, tryna d.i.y everything. Wrapping, spraying, servicing

I'm all for DIY, did most stuff on my Zed myself :thumbs:

Although I'm not a native English speaker, if we're talking about quality "speakers" I'd invest more into English grammar lessons. You can hate me now! :lol:

Haha you need to get with the times :D nobody talks properly now, were all hip and down with it. Your old :p

• Like 1

Right hopefully the snobs and pendants are back in their hole.

OP

You've wired these speakers into the OEM amps, I assume. The speaker specs say they need an minimum input of 40w rms. The OEM gear won't put out anything like that, aren't you struggling for volume ?

Genuinely interested btw

But back onto topic.

Do you think they sound better? I was looking at upgrading mine, caraudiosecurity seemss to be best priced around me, so might get some new tweekers and the door/rear speakers upgraded. Looking at around 300 to spend on whole setup max.

Any wires need changing or holes to be screwed?

Sorry this made me laugh, is there many Meth heads round your way with severe paranoia and body tremors? :lol:

Any way this thread has brightened my day.

Not trying to belittle you but i just wouldn't fit 6x9's. Just go with the 4 6.5s and a sub it will be more than enough, by putting 4 6x9's in the back plus a set of 6.5's you will have a really unbalanced sound stage, more is not always best.

The reason i think most people jumped on you is because coaxial's and 6x9's are not normally associated with sound quality as the underlying speaker can effect and distort the other speaker.

That is just my 2 pence, and yes i am an audiophile (snob) which is why i spent more on my system than i could get a zed for these days but then it goes with me from car to car.

Hope all my grammar is correct though as English is only my second language after Jibberish :stir:

Edited by rodgeevans
  • Like 1

Based in Essex mate, my front speakers are actually made by Morel just packaged as PG.

PG did disappear for a few years so i'm unsure what their stuff is like since the revival, mine is all the old hand built stuff bought new at the time but only available second hand really these days. The lines to go for from the last years before they disappeared was the titanium elite speakers (Morel) and titanium amps or any of the limited edition amps eg. Outlaw, frankampstein, reactor etc.

I once saw a one off limited edition amp they had made, was only ridiculously low RMS value but due to the quality of it could go up so loud without clipping or distorting it was unbelievable.

Worth checking out but doubt it would fit in the Zed was a Sub they made called a cyclone you will never see another like it.

I do intend on attending more meets and that once my body kit is painted, so may be able to demo it then will also give me time to add the audio bits in my to fit list and possibly put my Nakamichi head unit in too for optimum SQ

Edited by rodgeevans