Got these bad boys last nite... At a unbeatable price!!!

Broomers-ZED

Alirte guys. Been lookin to upgrade my 6.5inch door speakers and my two rear speakers behind me tht are also 6.5inch (I hope) haha

Well popped into halfrords last nite and seen these

post-19347-137345177772_thumb.jpg

post-19347-137345180849_thumb.jpg

There were £44.99 a few days ago when I went in... Last nite there were on promo for £33.99 I brought two sets for like £67quid. My mate owed me £20 as it was. So that made it cheaper.... Then! To top it of, I used my "old Halfords discount card" that they never took of me when I left 2years ago.

They swiped it... And I got a 25% discount. Witch I thought was menna be %15?

But yea, in total got both sets for £48.42p :D

• Like 1

Well let us know the results and make us follow suit :lol:

I never know if its worth upgrading speakers. People say things are better simply because they paid money, but ill wait for when thir fitted :D

Need to start letting the forum rent your card :p

Hahaha. Yea il let u no how it goes mate. I'm pretty clued up on speakers and car audio.

Il be onist... And probably some people will disagree. But I don't really rate my Bose System... :-/ but still that's my thoughts. I do like good clarity sounds you see. And have always had loud music in my cars.... Don't always play it loud and don't like big thumbing bass... Just like the clarity :)

Ps I will need some new ears soon ahha. :p

Hahaha. Yea il let u no how it goes mate. I'm pretty clued up on speakers and car audio.

Il be onist... And probably some people will disagree. But I don't really rate my Bose System... :-/ but still that's my thoughts. I do like good clarity sounds you see. And have always had loud music in my cars.... Don't always play it loud and don't like big thumbing bass... Just like the clarity :)

Ps I will need some new ears soon ahha. :p

I personally like the bose, but thats because I didnt pay for it from new :) I am looking at upgrading for loud rock music. With addicted to base cd its great, bose sub seems pretty good. But nickleback, guitars arent too prominent.

Lets see what your results are and I may follow the same route :p I dont wanna spend 200pound on a set of speakers if 50 will improve :p

Yea defo mate. Sounds good.

I also have 4 Vibe 6by9s that I will Install running of a 4channel Amp.

So then hopefully do tht after I do my door speakers. Then il have 4 Vibe Slicks 6x9s and 4 Vibe Slicks 6.5s

Aswell as a Vibe 4gauge wireing kit and amp.

That should be enuff :) not really to keen on subs. But still may finsih it of with X2 12" vibe slick subs.

God I gota stop. My imagination is going haywire haha :D

Alirte guys. Been lookin to upgrade my 6.5inch door speakers and my two rear speakers behind me tht are also 6.5inch (I hope) haha

Well popped into halfrords last nite and seen these

post-19347-137345177772_thumb.jpg

post-19347-137345180849_thumb.jpg

There were £44.99 a few days ago when I went in... Last nite there were on promo for £33.99 I brought two sets for like £67quid. My mate owed me £20 as it was. So that made it cheaper.... Then! To top it of, I used my "old Halfords discount card" that they never took of me when I left 2years ago.

They swiped it... And I got a 25% discount. Witch I thought was menna be %15?

But yea, in total got both sets for £48.42p :D

D97675F0-7B6E-4FDA-A4DA-02ACA595C1CF-10309-00000BD9C4E48141_zps21c01cff.jpg

• Like 1

I am looking at upgrading for loud rock music....... nickleback, guitars arent too prominent.

I assume the upgrade will also include your CD collection then? :p

• Like 1

Halfords, Vibe, 6x9's and sound clarity not words i would usually associate with each other :lol: but im sure it will be a great improvement over the Bose "Clarion" rubbish that is in the car to start with and for the price you payed you can't really ask for more.

• Like 1

What part number are these speakers ? I'm struggling to find them on the Halfords site for a gander :wacko:

Are they the same spec are the other Vibe 6.5" ? If so then they need a min of 40w RMS to drive them ie. Won't be any good for being driven by a head or the Bose amps. Just for everyone's info

TaTa

Worst audio thread. Evar.

You do realise you put in a coax speaker which has a mounted tweeter?

Also I like clarity over bass so in going to put 2 x 12 subs in lol. Plus clarity would mean your going to amp the door speakers and replace them with some half decent speakers.

I don't mean to sound like I'm having a go as Its a good job you have done etc erc but I would research more into audio before you post or do some weird stuff :thumbs:

Worst audio thread. Evar.

Also I like clarity over bass so in going to put 2 x 12 subs in lol. Plus clarity would mean your going to amp the door speakers and replace them with some half decent speakers.

I don't mean to sound like I'm having a go as Its a good job you have done etc erc but I would research more into audio before you post or do some weird stuff :thumbs:

+1

Do it cheap and prepare to weep :cry:

Yea fair play guys.

"But do it cheap" wouldn't nesseserly say there cheap. Vibe is a good Quiltiy make. Always gone with Vibe throughout my audio choices.

But then this is a forum with a wide chosse of ideas and thoughts ay. So everyone to there own ;)

Will let you no how I get on

Heh, well spotted.

For someone clued up on audio, I'd expect them to realise that those coax jobbies are worse than a separate tweeter and woofer. Especially considering you're after clarity.

Each to their own in terms of what sounds right to their ears between brands, but not when you're talking about mounting a technically inferior method of audio output. Then it's just wrong.

Just fitted them... They sound awesome. Alot better than the standard Bose 6.5s ones. And they are nice and clear. Not gunna blast them up to much. As they need wearing in.

But yea. I'm very happy with what I have done. Especially when it works out to be around 24quid for the fronts to be upgraded.

Can't fault them

Yeah, we're all looking to migrate to Corsa, Punto or Jaguars! :stir:

Yeah 3 very similar cars :wacko:

Just saying there seem to be a lot of people scrimping and saving, they must have stretched to get a Zed and shame to see a nice car like the 350z ending up with cheap a$$ parts added thats all.....

I mean a 300bhp car that drinks super unleaded like a fish and we are supposed to applaud someone fitting £24 speakers in it :shrug: I just don't get it.

I can understand people choosing cheaper options for tyres/exhausts etc etc but not bottom of the barrell stuff...

If anyone else want's to 'improve' their Bose then let me know and I will come round sit in your passenger seat and fart into a tin can for you :teeth:

• Like 3