Help fitting a Zunsport Grill (06 plate)

Dayy

Hey guys, I bought a Zunsport Grill in Black for my car from Steve @ Redline Styling the other day. I have managed to get as far as taking those two plastic bits out from behind, and then unscrewing the slats (or whatever they are called) so it looks like in the pictures;

post-19370-0-62278200-1372523969_thumb.jpg

post-19370-0-35081000-1372523985_thumb.jpg

However, now I have got to the part where I am meant to just screw the Grill on, it doesn't actually have anything to screw in to. The holes don't line up with those two plastic bars so I can't screw them in to that (We tried doing it at an angle too, but the screws dont stay in). The grill also seems like it is too tall to actually fit on properly too.

Is there something that I have missed here? Some extra step I am meant to take? I can only assume that Steve has sent me the right part (Part number is ZNS 18807), so I must be doing something wrong, but for the life of me, me and my dad can't figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you need any more info, or more pictures let me know and I shall provide.

Thanks,

Your Zunsport grille should have a "step" in the middle at the bottom to match the recess in the bumper lip. If it doesn't you don't have the correct grille.

If it does, then it should fit - mine did!

I just checked my invoice from Steve @ Redline-Styling but it doesn't have a part number!

David

Edited by Tinyflier

Right, so it is the right one. Hmmm, what the hell am I doing wrong then? =/

Okay, thanks guys. Guess I'll just have to have another stab at it tomorrow see if I can some how get it to fit better. If you have any more advice in the mean time, feel free to share :)

I'm not sure you take the existing grille off, I know I didn't on mine but that was a pre-facelift, I can't see why the facelift one would be different apart from the step in the middle :shrug:

plus 1 on this

What do the instructions say ?

I'm not sure you take the existing grille off, I know I didn't on mine but that was a pre-facelift, I can't see why the facelift one would be different apart from the step in the middle :shrug:

SMD - on the facelift the painted slats are positioned quite far forward. If you look from the side they protrude out from the grille aperture hence need to be removed.

To OP - where are you based?

David

Edited by Tinyflier

SMD - on the facelift the painted slats are positioned quite far forward. If you look from the side they protrude out from the grille aperture hence need to be removed.

David

I live in Warrington. So no doubt I am no where near anyone else :lol:

David

I live in Warrington. So no doubt I am no where near anyone else :lol:

Darn- hoped you were down my way - sorry.

They advertise it is a new grill without removing the old one, so put your old one back on! Line it up to where you think it is right and the screw holes should coincide with a plastic panel in the bumper. Get the screws provided and screw them in ,,, easy :) !

Your right about taking the slats off for the facelift. Is there a bit on the Zunsport where it protrudes out slightly on the bottom of the grill in the middle? If not, I think you have the wrong zunsport grill version.

The grill does need to be bent/curved a little when installing so that is matches the contours of the OEM bumber. The screws from the zunsport kit don't go into any holes, they are self tapping and so create their own holes, you just need to bend the grill a little so that you can get the screws to grip into the plastic and then keep screwing and they will tap themselves in.

Haha thanks guys.

Yeah, I couldn't figure it out either, it was meant to be a 5 minute job and everything that could go wrong did. When trying to take those plastic bits out from behind the grill, some of the plastic locking contraptions (No idea what they are called) snapped on me, which made it a nightmare to get out. Only took me a minute or two today though when I went to try putting the grill on again.

I am taking the car in to have some repair work done on the bumper some time in the near future, which is likely going to need a full re-spray anyway, so it might be worth just getting them to do the middle bit black at the same time :D

Saturday afternoon until Thursday evening... I think you might be right about the record :lol:

• Like 1

Speaking of painting the bit under the grill, isn't there some sort of spray you can get which can be removed at a later date if I wanted?

You are thinking of "Plastidip" a liquid vinyl that is sprayed on and can (literally) be peeled off after.

Various colours available although some of the colours are, anecdotally not all that good.

It gives a matt and slightly textured/rubbery finish although there is a "glossifier" top spray available - not heard anyone comment about how effective that is.

David

Edited by Tinyflier