It's like a new car!!

MrsNiki

Just had my clutch and flywheel changed out on my car, also got a full service with new spark plugs/belts and all oils changed etc, and its like having a whole new car! The clutch feels so much lighter and the biting point is back down to something reasonable :D gear change is noticeably improved too, I wish I'd done it all a few months back....

Big thanks to Zmanalex for supplying the gear, Newton and Bailey garage in Lincoln for doing the work, and SMD for reassuring me about the lightened flywheel and proving its not as noisy as I imagined :teeth:

Can start planning more mods now the necessaries have been done!

• Like 2

Labour was £480 but that was for the whole lot, car was in all day.

Went for the lightened flywheel that Zmanalex sells with the exedy clutch, not sure exactly what make flywheel is, never actually looked!

Just had a 150 mile blast down to Oxfordshire this morning, couldn't help but smile at every roundabout when I had to change gear, sooooo smooth!!

Glad you like it Nikki, how do you find it compared to the standard one before it started to feel heavy ?

I think the lightened fly/single mass clutch is an awesome upgrade for a Zed, it really does improve pick up as long as you can get used to a bit of noise, and anyway the noise makes you keep it above 2k revs which in my book is also a very goid thing :)

• Like 1

Interesting, so you're saying the noise / rattle is inaudible over 2k rpm or so? Might add it to the list of potential upgrades...

Yep you only get a slight noise at idle (worse on a cold start/cold day) and if you change up at anything under 2k revs it lets you know about it BIG TIME :lol:

But it revs so much more freely, honestly if you can put up with a little noise at idle it is soooooo worth it, add on an uprev to sharpen up throttle response and you will be :teeth:

• Like 1

Glad you like it Nikki, how do you find it compared to the standard one before it started to feel heavy ?

I think the lightened fly/single mass clutch is an awesome upgrade for a Zed, it really does improve pick up as long as you can get used to a bit of noise, and anyway the noise makes you keep it above 2k revs which in my book is also a very goid thing :)

The biggest difference I found was the clutch travel being massively reduced, lighter and can pull off better, but having the gearbox moly has made the changes smoother and 2nd gear in the cold works now!! Mr Niki drove today and was also impressed with it! :teeth:

The biggest difference I found was the clutch travel being massively reduced, lighter and can pull off better, but having the gearbox moly has made the changes smoother and 2nd gear in the cold works now!! Mr Niki drove today and was also impressed with it! :teeth:

I'm not going to make any smutty remarks about you being better at pulling off.....

But I am not doubting Mr Nikki was very impressed B)