Brands Hatch evening session - 9th July 2013

Jo3ly

ive just booked up an evening session at Brands Hatch for the 9th July! i noticed a few other guys on here do track sessions every now and then so thought id see if anyone else was planning to go along, or fancys signing up!

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car-home/event-details.aspx?productid=1947

im taking my '09 350z and a mate is coming along in my old mx5 track car! Its always a good evening so sign up and come along :)

I've always wondered, how mad are evening sessions? I mean, when you have a whole day, you pace yourself.

if you've only got a few hours, surely everyone will want to get as much track time as possible and it will all be a bit mad?

To be honest, if you're sensible you'll come in every say 5/6 laps (Brands is short, compared to say Spa, where I was doing 4 and coming in) to let the car cool down and to give yourself a rest as well.

So going by that rational, evenings are generally slower paced, a lot of people tend to leave after lunch too, so that's extra space.

Best laps are normally at about 4PM onwards.

All depends on the organisers, people you are with and the circuit.

Yeah all the evening sessions ive done have been ok. I come in every 6 laps usually and give the car 10 mins to cool down.

This is my first UK session in the Z though, i usually use the mx5 which is quite a bit slower and lighter so not sure how it will perform...

I done an evening track session last year in my old car

had a 20-30min track briefing and was then informed it was an open pit session, basically it was a 4hour track session which you could go on and off the track when ever you wanted! It was the best driving experienced I've had yet!

My advice though is get yourself front and rear braided brake lines and upgrade the brake fluid! A lot of guys where cooking there brakes within 2/3 laps with moderate braking for corners.

But all in all an amazing experience :)

Edited by oOo csmith oOo

I done an evening track session last year in my old car

had a 20-30min track briefing and was then informed it was an open pit session, basically it was a 4hour track session which you could go on and off the track when ever you wanted! It was the best driving experienced I've had yet!

My advice though is get yourself front and rear braided brake lines and upgrade the brake fluid! A lot of guys where cooking there brakes within 2/3 laps with moderate braking for corners.

But all in all an amazing experience :)

A stock 350z brake setup @ a reasonable pace on the indy circuit will see you 4-6laps

But as you said some decent lines, fluid, disc & pads will solve that. I recently done 25-30laps SC`d @ brands with no issues other than almost running out of fuel :blush: